Question about the ehtnics of Car

Dead_Lioness

Godless
May 31, 2002
Arlington, Virginia
Visit site
what would you consider "hot wheels" the kind that if you
see someone driving it, it will somehow, change your opinion on him/her?
Or the opposite: what kind of UGLY car would have the same impact?
or, what is your dream car?

you'd have to be pretty small to drive Hot Wheels

ok i'll be serious, if i see somebody driving a nice car i tend to think they're a douche unless i know otherwise

an expensive car will lead me to believe the person is vain or enjoys stupidly speeding.

a shitty car doesn't bother me.

dream car? doesn't exist really. Always kinda wanted a van for shuttling bikes, but they suck gas like no tomorow.

Dream car ... definetely a Ferrari F430 or Aston Martin DB9

Ugly Car ... hmm ... the Pontiak Aztek wins hands down, I never forget someone that had one in my area and also managed to remodel their house in a truely eyesore manner ... beauty IS in the eye of the beholder

hot car ... I associate certain cars with certain types of people, but really don't think I formulate an opinion about someone based on what they drive.

I'm probably the only person here who could be given some typical dream car (ferrari or mustang or whatever) and would immediately try and sell it, possibly at less than its worth just to move it quick (since its free money).

i meant given/won, not bought :p Thats said, if I could afford a ferrari, i still wouldn't buy one, many many many many other things i'd rather do that spend it on a car.

oh yeah, if I won one I would sell it too ... after a summer of balls out driving :loco:

besides I could not pull up to my 500sq ft ... 2nd floor apartment in one ... it would just look fucking dumb :lol:

haha, true. I'm meaning it more like: I don't want to spend the money on a nice car. I never will.

I actually had a teacher argue with me about that. haha. He argued that EVERYONE wants a nice car and that if I got a good job I'd buy a sportscar for myself too. it's a status symbol. I just shook my head and left at that point. Apparently everyone cares about status.

you are still too young to see it i guess, and don't take it the wrong way ... I was like that too when young.

but if you make decend bread, there is no reason not to buy a nice reliable car ... people will pass judgement on others no matter what ... and making $70K a year and driving a beater just for the sake of it ... well ... i don't know ... you know what i am saying.

cat.jpg
dream car.

lurch70 said:
but if you make decend bread, there is no reason not to buy a nice reliable car ... people will pass judgement on others no matter what ... and making $70K a year and driving a beater just for the sake of it ... well ... i don't know ... you know what i am saying.

never said drive a beater, but you can get a nice looking, decent running used car for >$5000.

If I was single, dream car would be a 68 mustang - although the new mustangs are pretty cool also.

Lurch, I value dependability also, but c'mon, ferraris require constant tweaking and maintenance, no? Plus I'd constantly be worried about it. I'd probably go with a new Lincoln town car, plain on the outside, totally pimped out with tech on the inside.

but c'mon, ferraris require constant tweaking and maintenance, no? Plus I'd constantly be worried about it.

of course they do ... all exotics are finiky ... but that gives them certain character. also it has to do with the fact that most are not daily drivers, so they sit alot.

besides, ever date an Italian woman? :loco: