Question for Chris - IBANEZ 1527 or Schecter C-7 Hellraiser

lahiopetrucci

New Metal Member
Oct 9, 2007
Portugal
Hi Chris and Everyone!

First of all, I am a newbie on this forum and sorry for my English, it is shit.
I want to buy my first 7 string guitar.
I’m extremely drifter between the Ibanez 1527 and the Schecter C-7 Hellraiser.
I have a 6 string Ibanez and love it; the neck is perfect for me. I am interested on the Ibanez 1527 because the neck would be perfect just like in my 6 string Ibanez. Although, this schecter model have best pickups (EMG) and the price is worthy, but the neck is thick and the scale is larger (26.5).

Chris, in your experience with Nevermore, especially with the great Jeff Loomis what do you think about his guitar?
How the Schecter neck will difficult my playing compare to Ibanez neck?
Can i do the same techniques on both guitars with the same effort?

Finally, what guitar do you advice me to buy? :D

Your help is greatly appreciated, and anyone else’s advice is too. Thanks greatly!

PS , Chris you are awesome!!
When can I see you shredding in Portugal :p ??

Well if you are looking for a string-thru guitar I would recommend the Schecter Hellraiser. The Ibanez 1527 has a floyd rose, correct? Depends on what suits you. Both good guitars.

Well if you are looking for a string-thru guitar I would recommend the Schecter Hellraiser. The Ibanez 1527 has a floyd rose, correct? Depends on what suits you. Both good guitars.

Hi Altitudes.

Yes... The Ibanez 1527 has a floyd rose.
I love Floyd rose, but I hate it when I have to tune down.

The real decision to make here, is whether or not you want a painted neck or lightly glossed neck. I think the Hellraiser sounds way better than the RG, but the RG has a more playable neck in my hands (certainly subjective), making it slightly superior in my opinion. However, the fixed bridge is always great... anytime you think two guitars you might buy are equal in quality, and one has a Floyd, and one has a fixed bridge, I'd recommend going with the fixed bridge.

Just my two cents.

while floyd roses can kill you, i had mine blocked, so it still works to pull the whammy bar out, but not to press in, however it cut down the tuning time by like 3/4ths, and cost me all of like 5$

2 totally different guitars IMO, to decide you really need to evaluate what you want from your guitar. Best to try both of them in person if you can. I prefer Ibanez, I think Schecter makes great guitars as well, but I prefer the necks on Ibanez. Pickups can be changed out rather easily if that is the only thing keeping from getting a rg 1527. Good luck with you search. Dont be afraid to try other 7 strings as well. Might find something you want.

Hi everyone!
Thanks for your answers.
Well, it’s a hard decision…
I will try a Schecter C-7 blackjack soon. I think that neck is the same than C-7 Hellraiser, if I like it, I will buy Schecter.

i got the 1527
really love the guitar...but i replaced the elements by DiMarzio humbuckers cauze those are active and the standards are not, and the ibanez prestige neck is godlike,

but i never played the c-7 hellraiser, so i cant comment on that...i didnt need too cause i'll stick with Ibanez, but when i come across on i will try it out

I would personally go the Schecter for the wood and tone. I went from a Jackson (6 string) to a Schecter (6) and found the Schecter more chunky, but I'm definately use to it and can play both just as easily. I've played a Blackjack C7 and C7 Hellraiser and they both played very well, and I could get use to them if I was to buy a Schecter 7 string.