Question for Dunc =)

_raven_

musician/photographer
Mar 9, 2004
bh/mg - Brazil
Hey Dunc,Im a guitarrist and my fave cd from the time you played in anathema is eternity,but I have a lot of trouble tabbing some songs because the instruments are quite mixed and confusing,like sentient and angelica,I cant differ the keyboard from the guitars,I cant even differ one guitar from the other one(maybe my sound system is bad too).Was this intentional or the sound didnt came up clearly because of bad mixing?Even so these songs are great,the instruments seem to come together and transform into only one sound

Well,that was my first question,but I want to know if you dont have any original tabs or material I can use from eternity so my sound can come as near as the sound from the record,The internet material concerning this cd in particular is very bad and limited.I know you're a bassist and not a guitarrist,but it doesnt hurt to ask

PS:Sorry for the bad english

the production is a mess on that album. good songs though. it would be good re-recording some of them but its too late now.

_raven_ said:
Hey Dunc,Im a guitarrist and my fave cd from the time you played in anathema is eternity,but I have a lot of trouble tabbing some songs because the instruments are quite mixed and confusing,like sentient and angelica,I cant differ the keyboard from the guitars,I cant even differ one guitar from the other one(maybe my sound system is bad too).Was this intentional or the sound didnt came up clearly because of bad mixing?Even so these songs are great,the instruments seem to come together and transform into only one sound

Well,that was my first question,but I want to know if you dont have any original tabs or material I can use from eternity so my sound can come as near as the sound from the record,The internet material concerning this cd in particular is very bad and limited.I know you're a bassist and not a guitarrist,but it doesnt hurt to ask

PS:Sorry for the bad english

I dont do tabs like, and dont know the chords or guitar parts cos Im a bassist. I even wrote the lyrics with the bass.

Ok,thanks anyway,its still a great album in my opinion

I do think that it would be a good re-recording too,there are great songs on that one

must be fierce hard writing lyrics with a bass. i mean a pen would be a lot handier, or even a quill if you're in my dying bride :tickled: