Question for TheDude

BrettT

Aug 29, 2006
Austin, TX
Hey, I was wondering if you could help me with something in Reason using the Drum Kits refill. Do you know of a way to export each Drum Channel as an individual audio file?

Another way is to mute all channels except the one you want to export, and then export them one by one. Takes a while, but it could be the only way to get individual audio files. If you go the Rewire way, you do as you use to do in your DAW.

I want to export them into Reaper so that I can record instruments, vocals, etc. over them. I haven't really messed with the Rewire feature at all yet, so it may do what I want and I just don't realize it. I just want to be able to mix the drumkit in my DAW and not have to keep going back to Reason to readjust individual drum levels then re-export, if you know what I mean.

It's an NN-XT refill...sorry bout the confusion.

I want to export them into Reaper so that I can record instruments, vocals, etc. over them. I haven't really messed with the Rewire feature at all yet, so it may do what I want and I just don't realize it. I just want to be able to mix the drumkit in my DAW and not have to keep going back to Reason to readjust individual drum levels then re-export, if you know what I mean.

It's an NN-XT refill...sorry bout the confusion.

Rewire works with Reaper, right? If so, just connect the outputs of the NNXT to the individual outputs like GuitarGodgt said and you should be all set.

Yeah...I was reading posts on the Reaper forum last night and kinda figured out how to do it. But when I would "record" the drums coming from Reason, they sounded like doodoo...nothing like what they sounded in Reason. When I just exported, they sounded great. I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong somewhere...just need to fiddle some more.

Thanks for all the help, btw.