Question for those who live in Stockholm

Elishia

Haunted by horror
Jun 6, 2008
France
Hi everybody,

I'll come to Stockholm for a few days in july, and I would like to know if someone can tell me about great places in the town for metalheads who want to have a drink in a nice pub with good music?? or if you know some good CDs stores, or places where there usually are some good shows, please let me know of what's on.

Thank you !!! :p

And sorry if this thread hadn't its place here :oops:

I don't live there, but I was there for the Melloboat 3 months ago. Good record store is Sound Pollution, it's on the Stora Nygatan 18 in Old Town (Gamla Stan). See also www.soundpollution.se.

In the same street there is the very nice Cafe Edenborg, not really a metal place, but just a lovely place. Boy, I wanna go back there...

The Anchor and Harry B. James are the most popular metal/rock pubs in Stockholm. And yes, Sound Pollution is a good record store. Repulsive Records is also cool if you're after extreme metal stuff.

I havent benn there for years, but heavy sound at malmskillnadsgatan used to have quite a large amount of good used cd´s,
also including some real rarities.. and the guy running the place (used to run??) is insanely good at music... like a walking wikipedia ;)

Also, i dont know when mellotronen is reopening, but thats one of stockholms finest when it comes to progressive music.