question

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Last fall, I read on Inside Out's homepage that they were gonna reissue the first 4 Symphony X CDs in the US, possibly remastering and adding bonus material. It was supposed to be done early this year...where the hell are they? I've been holding off buying DWOT and TiO because of this.

Please, any info is good.

Oh, and glad to hear MetalAges took over the site; it was way too long between updates before.

My assumption is that they were delayed to the company restructuring. Inside Out America and Europe are consolidating and changing distributors in order to be more in tune with each other. Offer the same release worldwide, etc.. so I would assume the SymX reissues got pushed back because of this. Also, I had heard at one point that they may get reissued with bonus tracks, then I heard they won't. I'll try to find out for you on that!

I don't really like the idea of bonus tracks, better release the rare stuff on an EP so the fans that got all albums (like me ;)) don't have to buy them again if they want the bonus tracks.

Originally posted by MetalAges
My assumption is that they were delayed to the company restructuring. Inside Out America and Europe are consolidating and changing distributors in order to be more in tune with each other. Offer the same release worldwide, etc.. so I would assume the SymX reissues got pushed back because of this. Also, I had heard at one point that they may get reissued with bonus tracks, then I heard they won't. I'll try to find out for you on that!

Last time I spoke to Romeo, he said that there wouldn't be bonus tracks. And the last time I spoke to the guys at IOMA, they said that we could expect the back catalog to come out around the same time as the new cd. So we shall know more in September...

I don't see how there could be any bonustracks, because they've always had very busy schedule in studio...only live-ones, but as LOTO said, there wouldn't be any...