Quick ear for raw guitars, please?

EtherForBreakfast

Hamster Style
Jun 19, 2005
This is a bridge of an instrumental I'm working up. There are drums for it, but I decided to solo out the rhythm guitars for this one part - for now at least.

There are 4 guitars 100/50 R and 100/50 L - Krank Revo / Jackson SL1 with EMG85. Do you guys solo out your guitar tracks to see how they sound "naked"? I've not done this before, but this type of sound fits when the drums and bass are there, hence, its sounds thin to me in this state...

I ran the Sneapness C4 w/ minor tweaks, Sonitus low cut at 80hz and high cut 12.5k with a 1.5q, hence the title name....

Thanks for the inputs and such.... Just wanting to know if anything sticks out like a sore thumb if you heard this as JUST a guitar part without drums.

http://www.jcm900.com/mp3/q15-2.mp3

I like the sound, reminds me of Master of Puppets, big sound - althought listened to it here on the the laptop speakers.

I'm still searching for the guitar sound that is right for me, but listening to them raw is definately the approach I'm taking.

Yah, the harmonies (very basic because there is a lot of instrumentation on top of them ) are very much Pastor of Muppets era Metallidouche. I was just wondering how many people completely solo out the rhythm guitars to hear what they sound like by themselves, OUTSIDE of the mix, which is what I did there... I just exported the guitar bus.... They fit really nicely I must say. I spend 90% of my time working with DF(behemoth)HS.