Quoting Theocracy lyrics to answer questions...

Child Of God

Mar 6, 2010
Today there was a debate on "Science is it compatible with religion ?", on a French game making community.
As the debate went on, some people were saying (in French of course) :

Je suis athée est faudra qu'on explique pourquoi il laisse autant de merde sur terre.
I'm an atheist, explain me why God let such shit happen on earth ?

si dieu existe pourquoi il laisse une telle merde partout dans le monde ? If God exists, why does he let happen such mess everywhere in the world ?

As an answer, I posted a link to the Official AtWB lyrics Thread, and made a quotation of a few lines for whose who wouldn't want to go and see :
Why do we say You’ve failed us and You’ve turned Your eyes away
When we’re only sleeping in the bed we made?

Why do we call for free will, but reject all consequence?
Why’s the path we’ve made to Heaven stained with the blood of innocence?
Why’d we ignore the warnings that we’ve read and always known
And get angry when we reap the things we’ve sown?

So we blame You
‘Cause our world’s not come out right

[...]

We live our lives like we could care less what You have to say
Then curse the skies when You don’t come clean up the ugly mess we’ve made

And you guys, do you sometimes quote Theocracy ? :D

three day ago, I have a friend who ask me, if God exist, why do we never see Him?

I said: You saw Him every day but you just don't know when and how you saw Him.

So I show him, with the lyrics tread of FleshAndBloodTheocracy, the lyric of I AM.

:)

Yeah....I'm thinking I'll just write out the lyrics to "I AM" for my doctoral thesis once I get there.
Yes.

Ever since I first heard that song I have thought that it contains the answers to all questions... for it presents us with nothing more or less than God himself. It only sounds overboard to say that until the next time one listens to the song...

I mean, I am a Biblical and Religious Studies major....at some point I'll have to write something on the subject, why not use it? ;)
Haha. Wish I'd taken advantage of that at my undergrad... Where I'm getting my Master's they wouldn't appreciate evangelical lyrics (or anything orthodox, for that matter) :p

FleshAndBloodTheocracy said:
Yeah, I've heard Seminary is extremely liberal (like the Jesus Seminar...don't even get me started on Christians who don't believe in a Christos)
It largely depends on where you go. Since I want to be a professor first and not minister, I figured that I should look primarily at academics rather than beliefs of the school that I attended. Ultimately that probably still holds true, but it makes social life a lot more difficult. Not to mention that there are very solid academic options that are thoroughly evangelical and orthodox in their beliefs: Asbury, Wheaton, Fuller... I hear that Duke and Princeton are turning around for the better as well. It is definitely not all revisionist. But, yeah, for the most part, that is the case.

See, I'm doing undergrad at Grove City - very conservatively Christian, but also very renowned academically (they were offered Ivy League, but turned it down because they didn't want gov't involvment in their curriculum), so I got lucky as far as that goes. I still have a few years to figure out about graduate work :p