R.I.P. Teemu 'Somnium' Raimoranta (Finntroll)

Nina

Oct 7, 2002
Ghent, Belgium
www.supuration.tk
For who cares here...

R.I.P. Teemu 'Somnium' Raimoranta

"Our dear friend and guitarplayer passed away on sunday morning. This is a extremely heavy blow for us and everyone who ever knew this man. We hope that fans and the public won´t speculate, more information will be available when things calm down."

- Webmaster

No Gorik, I've met Pieter today, and I'm sure he thinks it's a bad & sad thing!
Anyway, I've met Teemu 3 times in the past, and he was such a nice guy, as well as his music!
My girlfriend was is a huge Finntroll fan, and she takes it bad!
RIP "Somnium" - See you on the other side!

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's very sad when somebody young dies.
cry.gif

_Zsuzsa_ said:
what??? fuck ppl...don't talk shit like that! don't fucking speculate until they not confirm what happened...fuck...

Who is actually speculating here?
I think most of us have a huge respect for Somnium!
Is anyone ask how did it happens?
We're just waiting for an official statement...
It's the worst think happened to metal since Chuck Chuldiner's death! :cry:

Thortyir said:
Who is actually speculating here?

I didn't speculate, I wrote something I heard of someone close to Impaled Nazarene. It was wrong to write it.. It makes no difference what happened, it doesn't change anything.

I saw "The Hours" a week ago. There Virginia Woolf said that someone in her book has got to die for it's the only way for the other characters to realize how much life is worth.
cry.gif

Ivo you made just the most useless and most terrible post i ever read here on this board. dont take this as a compliment. ugh.

Mariner said:
Ivo you made just the most useless and most terrible post i ever read here on this board. dont take this as a compliment. ugh.
sorry my friend, (deleting):p

silvère said:
Now it's official on the website
It was written there since Sunday morning allready...
I met Somnium at the X-Mass festival. We were both a bit drunk and so babbling some nonsense *g*. He was really funny and also a nice guy then. When I heard about it I didn't realize whom they're writing about because (to be honest) I had no idea that he was playing with Finntroll too. When I looked at the pics on the Impaled Nazarene site I was pretty shocked
cry.gif
. Remembering the evening and this funny Finn and thinking about what happened makes everything else so worthless. You realize how it makes no difference what you do but still how important is to use the time you have.

On blabbermouth.net:

FINNTROLL/IMPALED NAZARENE guitarist Teemu "Somnium" Raimoranta died Sunday morning (March 16) of injuries sustained in an alcohol-related accidental fall, it has been officially announced. Teemu was 25 years old.