Radio friendly rock ballad

Sep 1, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
Alright so this is a rock ballad i did in the vein of lifehouse or a goo goo dolls ballad or what have you. Listen to the mix and let me know what you guys think of everything.

Note: things got kind of screwed up by the mastering plug i threw on at the end and i dont think my computer could process all the shit on the track. In the first chorus, the vox kind of get screwed up but try to look past that.

Thanks!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8713476

I think this is an excellent recording. The song is very well written as well. I have been lurking for a little bit here and have yet posted comments; This one pretty much demanded I say something. Very well done....VERY Well done!

Cheers

thanks guys!

Yea i might look into giving the tambo a bigger room sound.

The details are pretty interesting on this recording (or uninteresting, depending on your viewpoint). The drums are programmed slate. I believe its mostly the ringy hit kit and i might of added a kick and changed the snare? dont remember actually. The guitars are all amp modeling. I used a combination of different ones including revalver, amplitube fender, and even logic 9's amp designer. The bass is also an amp sim which i believe is amplitube fender in this song. However the bassman in revalver does the trick a lot of the time. Guitars i used were an epiphone sg, fender telecaster, fender jaguar, and a stingray for the bass.
There is some garritan solo cello in there.
The vocals were recorded with a ksm27.
Everything that was recorded was going into a behringer xenyx2442 and then into a presonus fp10. Everything was done inside logic.
So yea... a pretty cheap recording when you think about it. Nothing i was using is "top of the line" in any way.
But thanks for your kind words guys. if you got any more questions, feel free to ask.