radiohead

In between. I could never get into this band, but I still think they are good and creative. Although the song Creep imo is complete crap (besides the lyrics).

the lyrics to creep are the worst part lol

i rank them:

1. kid a 4.5/5
2. amnesiac 4/5
3. in rainbows 3.5/5
4. ok computer 3/5
5. hail to the thief 2.5/5
6. the bends 2/5
7. pablo honey 2/5

I like Creep. But a debate like that has already taken place, started by me, so I'll just leave it at that.

I can't seem to get into Kid A. But it does seem like a good album.

'idioteque' and the kid a version of 'morning bell' are both in my top 3 radiohead songs, amazing stuff. it's the album which works best as a whole i think, the only record i can think of which i'd describe as 'intimately dislocating', simultaneously confusing and comforting, chaotic in the most controlled and relatable way possible. it's beautiful in a way that's subtly disturbing, and it's one of those albums which frequently makes you think 'how the fuck does someone write something like this?'. it's also the kind of album that just suddenly clicks, so don't give up on it

i think my favourite radiohead song of all might be 'life in a glasshouse' from amnesiac though, i bet i'm the only person in the world who can honestly say that

Kid A is actually really awesome, I think. I never was a huge Radiohead fan, but I can put that record on and just let it play the whole way through. Really an awesome, surreal journey.

The Bends was a great record too, though. Street Spirit is a haunting song. My other favorite tunes by them are How To Disappear Completely and Sail to the Moon (Brush the Cobwebs Out of the Sky). I love the quiet, surreal moods that songs like that convey.

Nice bro. :cool: Back in high school I used to love to just put those albums on and let them play, especially Kid A. It was just so out there. I actually haven't listened to them in a while, but this thread is putting me in the mood again. I made a mix one time that consisted of all their quiet, spooky songs. I used to fall asleep to that mix all the time.

The only Radiohead album I never got into at all was the debut. I do like Creep though. The Bends is vastly superior imo. Yes Street Spirit is an amazing song.