Rage Against the Machine Poll

What do you think of the campaign for RATM for Xmas No. 1?

• Yeah! I'm all for it! I'll buy it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please discuss below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Power_Metal_Dom

Epic Metaller
Aug 8, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
Seems to be the first rock/metal song to make a mainstream impact since Lordi won EuroVision. So I'm curious what do people think?

Personally, I'm not bothered what is Xmas no. 1. I'm not even sure about the 'message' this is supposed to send out. At the same time though I do like the song. Makes a change from the norm I suppose.

EDIT: in case people don't know what I'm on about - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8415750.stm

Indifferent. I really couldn't care less about chart positions, let alone Christmas chart positions. :lol:

Indifferent is me. I couldn't care less what's No.1.

That being said, I can kinda see what might be appealing about such a campaign. I read it as a way of those involved showing that they aren't just gonna eat up the crap that they consider to be X-Factor. But at the same time, as much as I personally can't understand why so many people would find such a show appealing, they have the right to watch such a show, buy the records released from it etc.

At least they picked a decent tune for the campaign as well. Probably RATM's best.

Well it won!

Heh. Craziness. Yknow I think I'll change my vote. It turns out it is pretty cool having it as no. 1. The look on my parents faces (they like x factor) is worth it :lol:

yeah that's the one good thing. well that and the charity donation. my view on this is that Metal should not be in the 'Pop'! charts. what sets metal music apart is the don't care attitude and the joy of finding music that isn't bland and mass produced. Rage being number one is a novelty but it's like a pop act topping the metal album charts - doesn't make any sense to me. makes a statement... but i'm not sure what