RAGE Interviewed In Kiev (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
HolyMayhem.com conducted an interview with German power metallers RAGE on October 19 in Kiev, Ukraine. You can now watch the chat below. RAGE's 21st studio album, "21", was released in February 2012 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded at Twilight Hall Studio in Grefrath, Germany with Charlie Bauerfeind, who has previously worked with SAXON, BLIND GUARDIAN, HAMMERFALL and HELLOWEEN, among others. Commented guitarist Victor Smolski: "The songs of '21' are even better than they sounded in the rehearsal room. Everything is real powerful and aggressive and has got much more energy and the necessary aggression. I have taken much time for the soundcheck and took lots of effort for the arrangements. "I think '21' is the best-arranged album concerning interaction of guitar, bass and drum playing that RAGE has done in recent years. "As a producer, I have a big responsibility, but after 10 years of working together with Charlie Bauerfeind, it's always getting easier; we understand each other blind, so to say. "I'm very happy with the performances of Peavy [Peter 'Peavy' Wagner, abss/vocals] and André [Hilgers, drums] (so evil you haven't heard Peavy before), with my guitar work I'm also really satisfied, I've tried to implement the best I can momentarily. "The concept of the album has become really round, all songs are completely rounded, hard, aggressive, no 'happy metal melodies,' but nevertheless varying. My favorite song: 'Forever Dead', something between 'Kill Your Gods' and 'Down'."
ragekiev2013poster.jpg

More...