Ragnarokkr 2015: THE RODS

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
This is one band that Odin has been after for three years now. Just timing never works out. This was one of the first bands he was after again this year...so it is fitting that it is the last band for the main stage. For those thinking there are too many "new" bands playing this year...here is a classic act for you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Odin has been talking to them for years. He has been trying to confirm them since May of this year again and just the other day he was able to finalize it. So more like Defenders is Rag east coast edition.

Actually Odin has been talking to them for years. He has been trying to confirm them since May of this year again and just the other day he was able to finalize it. So more like Defenders is Rag east coast edition.
That's a good point. High Spirits and Liege Lord were announced for DOTO after they were announced for Ragnarokkr, Riot played last year, October 31 played 2 years ago, and Brocas Helm 3 years ago.

I was really just making a joke about how similar they are because that's the one thing that is holding me back from going to DOTO (or at least both days). So when I saw that The Rods were playing Ragnarokkr I had to laugh. However, I think that cements my decision; I'll go to DOTO for Friday and stay until Brocas Helm plays on Saturday. I'd like to see The Rods but I don't care enough to see them twice in only 2 months.

Oh I know you were making a joke. It is funny to see how many of the same bands are playing both festivals. Shows you who is really active and not charging an arm and a leg to play as well. Riot V and The Rods were the main draw for me to get out there to see that show. I also would love to see October 31, High Spirits, Destructor, Brocas Helm, Exciter, and Liege Lord but I have seen them all asides the original line up of Exciter. It is a killer line up. I wish it was a little later in march or early april and it would be easier for me to do it.

Great addition! I saw them last year in NJ with Twisted Sister, Anvil and Raven. I am also going to the Defenders of The Old fest in NY so I will see them there too