Ragnarokkr 2015: ZUUL

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
ZUUL is the next band playing the mainstage in 2015. I know most of you didn't know they were booked for the first year of the festival but had a conflict of dates with some members and had to cancel. Now they will be back in 2015. For those who have not seen them live are in for a treat...they put on a hell of a live show full of energy. I have seen them a bunch of times and have never been let down. Check out some samples below!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ZUUL is the next band playing the mainstage in 2015. I know most of you didn't know they were booked for the first year of the festival but had a conflict of dates with some members and had to cancel. Now they will be back in 2015. For those who have not seen them live are in for a treat...they put on a hell of a live show full of energy. I have seen them a bunch of times and have never been let down. Check out some samples below!!!! <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_1zEpcoGxQ">YouTube Link</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEIXYchOgFU">YouTube Link</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBPsHrCq4Uw">YouTube Link</a>

Very cool addition.

Looking forward to seeing them live.
I will admit to not being the biggest fan of them on disc, though everyone raves about how good they are on stage.

Perfect addition for the fest indeed.

update taken from FACEBOOK....

STATEMENT: Greetings Zuulers and Zuulets!
Here is what's up with Zuul and the near future. In about a month's time, two members will be moving away from the one and only Zuul homebase of Carbondale, Illinois. Bob will be heading south to Florida for an undetermined amount of (Out Of) time, while Mike treks north to join the 80% of our fanbase in Chicago.
IS THIS THE END OF ZUUL? No! No!
We have three new songs that will be recorded this month. Yeah, three! Let me tell you....THEY ARE RIPPERS! Straight up Zuul style! If "Zuul" has become a way to describe a song...these qualify. Well, one is a cover. Not telling you what. But when you hear, you'll say "Oh yeah....that song....nice pick!" The plan is to release two 7"s near the end of this year. One of our own and a split with Harbinger. Which, yeah, it's about time for that split to happen. Harbinger ripped it up last year at Alehorn of Power Fest! We also plan to have a surprise show at the local punk house, where we played a bunch of times over the last seven years, here in Carbondale sometime in July. One more show before we part ways for the first time in 7, hell maybe 8, years. The 5 of us....the same dudes have made all the noise....it's been a family with all the pleasure and pain included....and Zuul doesn't call it quits. When 2015 rolls in, Planet Metal will be releasing a CD compilation of all of our 7" releases. Non-vinyl buyers...you are welcome. Vinyl buyers...sorry, thems the breaks. Next May we are opening the ever growing Ragnarokkr Festival at Reggie's Rock House in Chicago. Check it out! Warlord is playing, so you should probably be there anyway.
That is what's on the books for the next year.
"But what about a third album?!?"
We know! We know! Had we spent our time learning how to use computers that simplify the writing/recording process like so many bands are doing these days, a third album may come sooner than later with our upcoming living distances. Instead we were getting hammered at the local shit bar. Anyway, Zuul was always a group working together in the same room, despite what wars that may have been waged. So any other situation would just not suit us. Should talks of seriously writing and recording a third album begin, we will let you know. Until then...stay heavy, stay with heavy lovers, support kick ass shit, and give a damn about it.

Zuul remains: Brett, Mike, Jared, Bob & Morgan
......A.K.A.: The Baron Batteau, Butcher, Hateful, Lungoat & the Hawk (kaw kaw)

glad to see them putting out the EP's and stuff on a Comp CD.