Ragnarokkr Alum A Sound of Thunder new EP Preview

131315121763.jpg

Nope, not saying it is a bad price for those who are interested in the band enough.
I would be buying it more to support them. Not really big enough of a fan where I need a collectible version is all I meant.

I know Nina and the guys work hard, and do a great job of self promotion which I truly respect.

They make things happen for themselves, which is the way you have to do it.

Hey guys, thanks for sharing this! Noticed the comment on the vinyl pricing and wanted to chime in. Our production cost just from the record and jacket manufaturer is about $10 a piece. The digital copy adds a little bit for hosting and printing the download cards that come with each record. Then the patches were $400. The original artwork was another $600 for the front and back. Licensing "Trashed" was about $125. And all of those costs are dwarfed by the recording/mixing/mastering cost. So we really priced the vinyl as low as we could, and tried to give as much extra stuff as possible. A big factor in the pricing is that we only printed 250 copies. If we get to the point where we can press 500 or 1,000 records instead of 250, that would bring the cost down quite a bit, which may be why you see cheaper prices from bigger bands.

That's enough business talk from me on a metal board! I just didn't want anyone to think we were trying to gouge anyone. It's important to us to keep costs as low as possible (the CD is only $5 and the download is $4). We realized going in that the vinyl would be an expensive proposition but we went ahead because we wanted to have at least one vinyl release out there, for ourselves as much as our fans.

And if we do ok with this vinyl release, we're planning a glow in the dark 7" for Halloween 2013 with two new songs!

Hey,
As I said, I do NOT think $20 is too high.
That version, esp being limited, is obviously for the true fans of the band.
Admittingly, you guys are one of many bands who I have heard, and liked most of what I heard, but not big enough of a fan where I would pay collector's prices for it. I am sure though there are 250 who will though.

I completely understand. I used to do a label myself that was 7"s only.
You would have to charge at least $5 or more per 7" to even remotely make back all the costs, down to the recording, esp if you only press 500 or less, which I did.