Rammstein - Any fans here?

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Any Rammstein fans here? I don't really recall any of us discussing them in the past. I have to admit to overlooking this band after all these years, but Classic Rock magazine encouraged me to check out their new one, Liebe ist fur Alle Da. Anyway, I'm finding them pretty cool to work out to at the gym at least. :lol:

~Brian~

Absolutely love these guys! My favorite albums are Sehnsucht and Herzeleid, and I personally think that Live Aus Berlin is mandatory listening/viewing for anyone with a German heritage. :lol:

The new one has a couple of kickass songs, but it's definitely not as great as their older stuff.

I like Mutter and Reise Reise, but I don't love them or need to listen to them a lot. They're a band with their good points, but non-essential to me.

I got into them with Sehnsucht but drifted away somewhat afterwards.

My friends' band Godhead quit the Ozzfest tour one summer about halfway through, in order to open for Rammstein on tour....and they said later that it was one of the best decisions they ever made...and one of the best tours they've ever been part of. :kickass:

I never herd of them until I saw "XXX" with Vin Diesel. Look like a bunch of pyromaniacs!! :devil: I think it is cool they sing in their first language, although my German is a little rusty!!

Chris :headbang:

All things considered, Rammstein are probably one of my favorite bands despite getting into them very late. They are touring with another favorite, the aggro-tech monsters COMBICHRIST! The tour only has European dates next summer but hopefully it will also happen on this side of the pond. Could you imagine a night with Rammstein and Combichrist? o_O

I enjoyed Sehnsucht and Mutter, haven't listened to anything of theirs since those though. While not being the most technical of music, I still feel they manage to make some enjoyable and unique stuff. I really liked the music video for "Mein Herz Brennt" too.

I never herd of them until I saw "XXX" with Vin Diesel. Look like a bunch of pyromaniacs!! :devil:

Yep, in fact that was one of the things my friends mentioned about the tour -- LOTS of pyro. A very impressive arena-class show.

All things considered, Rammstein are probably one of my favorite bands despite getting into them very late. They are touring with another favorite, the aggro-tech monsters COMBICHRIST!

Nifty, that'll be two friends/acquaintances who have opened for Rammstein.

Andy from Combichrist (well, basically he -is- Combichrist) is automagically cool a) because he's from Norway and b) because he knows the guys in Immortal. :heh:

I am a huge fan and will be seeing them in February in the UK! Good chance I might catch them at Sonisphere as they are co-headlining with Iron Maiden! So, next year looking sweet!