Random news notes

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Dudes and dudettes

Here's some news from BW & BK. It's probably all old, but see if I care.

--
Strong rumors suggest that a new IRON MAIDEN box set will be released on November 18th. The metal box will contain three albums on six CD's, the titles being Best Of The B-sides, BBC Archives (previously unreleased recordings) and Beast Over Hammersmith (previously unreleased highly regarded early live recordings).

GLENN HUGHES sings on a recently released compilation called Classic Rockers Vol. 1. It's an album of covers (WHITESNAKE's 'Fool For Your Loving' is one of them). The backing musicians include Don Airey and Neil Murray. Glenn sings on one track 'Piece Of My Heart'. The same performance also appears on a new NAZARETH tribute titled Another Hair Of The Dog. Neil Murray and Bernie Torme are among the musicians credited on the album. Meanwhile, keep your eye out for for Different Stages, a 2 CD best of from Hughes that will span his entire career.

STEEL PROPHET and their vocalist Rick Mythiasin have parted ways due to "musical and personal differences". The band wish Rick the best in his future musical endeavors. Regarding the future of the band, bassist Vince Dennis says "the band is excited about the future and will continue on with a new vocalist as soon as possible". Steel Prophet release their new album, Unseen, via Nuclear Blast on September 17th in North America. Vocalists that are interested in auditioning should contact Jeff Keller Management at jpkeller7@earthlink.net, or via mail at P.O. Box 485, Pollock Pines, CA 95726, USA.

A new JUDAS PRIEST tribute album, A Tribute To The Priest, will be released on September 9th through Nuclear Blast. Artists and tracks will include: ANNIHILATOR - 'Hell Bent For Leather', PRIMAL FEAR - 'Metal Gods', WITCHERY - 'Riding On The Wind', ICED EARTH - 'Screaming For Vengeance', SIEBENBURGEN - 'Jawbreaker', HAMMERFALL - 'Breaking The Law', BENEDICTION - 'Electric Eye', DEATH - 'Painkiller', SILENT FORCE - 'All Guns Blazing', STEEL PROPHET - 'Dreamer, Deceiver', ARMORED SAINT - 'Never Satisfied', THERION - 'Green Manalishi', THUNDERSTONE - 'Diamonds And Rust' and SKID ROW featuring ROB HALFORD - 'Delivering The Goods' (live).

As reported by Blabbermouth, WHITESNAKE frontman David Coverdale is not interested is regrouping any of Whitesnake's previous line-ups for a tour in support of the new collection, 25 Years Of Whitesnake, due out in February through EMI. "At this time, I have NO plans of any 'reunion' with any former members of Whitesnake. So I ask you to be patient, and also not 'compete' on the board whom you think I should work with. The 'negative energy' of this is unwelcome. As most of you know, I will choose the musicians with whom I want to work, as I have always done from the beginning, and if it is to be Whitesnake, then the players will be of a caliber to present Whitesnake music in the absolute best way. There are certain players I would enjoy collaborating with at this time, but whether or not I feel they would be suitable for an 'appropriate' new chapter of Whitesnake is another matter entirely. I have absolutely NO plans of involving myself with any international corporate record company... so... other than the forthcoming compilations, please do not be anticipating a new Whitesnake album. Altho' if indeed I pursue this course of action, I will no doubt record live shows for future CD releases and in-concert videos. As those of you who have traveled with me, and supported me all these years know..."

Originally posted by Spiff
Strong rumors suggest that a new IRON MAIDEN box set will be released on November 18th. The metal box will contain three albums on six CD's, the titles being Best Of The B-sides, BBC Archives (previously unreleased recordings) and Beast Over Hammersmith (previously unreleased highly regarded early live recordings).
Sounds interesting, if its accurate.