randy coven is back

U

Unregistered

For those of you who like Sheehan. Coven is making a new album, Witchway. He reminds me of a Billy Sheehan that can slap and tap too. I have his 1st 2 solo albums from many years ago. They are super chops heavy (a bit cheesy because they are so over the top, but still very inspiring).

http://www.bassinside.com/

I read his interveiw. He's finishing touring with Malmsteen and is gonna finish his latest solo work (supposedly much more mature). I also found out he was John Myung (dream theatre) and Victor Bailey (weather report) old Berklee school of music teacher.

You know what I mean. Sheehan does hammer-on, pull-offs, and trills from hell (which technically are not exactly considered tapping FYI), and bangs alittle 2 handed tapping. I meant tapping in the sense of playing 2 distict and independant lines (a melody and a bass line), not the Sheehan drum rythym tapping. Tapping in the Stuart Hamm/Wooten sense.

So, I'm not flaming you Fireworm, I've listening to both since the late eighties, and I'm familiar enough with what they both do (and don't do). I happen to be a fan of Sheehan, and have been for a long time.

So, try this. Be open minded and listen to Coven. Afterwards, if you're still not impressed, then "fair enough". But don't knock it until you've actually heard him play.