rapid fire samples in Reaper

Mooch

Jun 3, 2010
I'm working on a project in Reaper and using Drumagog to replace the kick. For some strange reason, whenever I go to play the track, the sample starts playing randomly and not aligning with the actual kick. I'll stop playback and the kick is still firing off random hits.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

How low is the threshold set? That's the first thing that springs to mind.

But I had this problem when experimenting with ReaPlace. In ReaPlace you have one audio file with all your multisamples in that. However, you need a certain amount of digital silence between each hit, and if you don't, ReaPlace will play the whole sample, for however many times it's been triggered.

So I guess what I'm asking is, have you been using ReaPlace up until recently?

I haven't used ReaPlace. I adjusted the threshold to where almost no hits were picked up and I still had random samples firing. Happened once on a previous project and I didn't investigate it too much because I scrapped the track for other reasons.

Basically, I have one kick track with a sample that works just fine. I have another kick track with a separate sample for added "beef". I applied the FX to the first track to free up resources so now the only track using Drumagog is the second track. What is so strange is when I hit stop, the sample is still firing randomly for about 20 seconds.

Mooch,

We are sorry you are experiencing trouble with Drumagog's triggering. This can be caused by several issues with the recorded audio. First, adjust the Transient Detail slider to make Drumagog more or less sensitive to triggering hits from the incoming audio.

Is there any bleed coming from other mics into the audio track that is being triggered? If so, you will need to filter out the bleed (through raising the Sensitivity Bar, using the Trigger Filter, or Auto-Ducking feature). The Trigger Filter is also ideal for when the original recorded audio and the sample differ greatly in their sound.

How fast is the track's BPM? Depending on the speed, Drumagog usually triggers as a max speed of 40 ms between hits. Try using the Live Triggering Mode if your hits need to be triggered with less time between them.

If you're still having issues, shoot us an email to support@drumagog.com.

What exact operating system and audio program are you using? What other settings are you using in Drumagog? What size is the project other plugins are being used in the project? You can also send us a small section of the problem track (WAV or MP3 format) that exhibits the problem you are having, and we'd be happy to take a look at it and see what needs to be done to fix the issue.

Cheers,
Jack