Rate My Full Collection and Post Yours

Profanity: your collection is 25 CDs so be quiet

Sonicarnal: Don't suppose I persuade you to do a trade for a copy of Necrophagist:Onset of putrefaction?

Only original CD's should be listed; that's the real collection.

But otherwise that's an awesome list.

I'm not going to type mine out...I keep an excel list of all of mine with tracks/playing times etc etc but it's not on this puter so I can't be bothered. I've only got about 1/3 with me anyway so i'd never remember all of them.

seeing the list, some question come up that i'm having since longer time, and finally, here's a suitable situation to ask, hehe

- do people tend to establish album-collection of bands only for reasons of completeness?

- or do they really like all albums of bands' discographies?

- would they feel incomplete if they missed the bad albums, though they know they'd never listen to those?

as for my part:
www.cd-tracker.com/~grau - here's my list (all original CDs of course), plus those i want to get rid of :D

regarding my own questions:
i tend to leave out the bad albums, even if I generally like the band, because i've the attitude that i want to listen to and enjoy music and not only collect CDs.
(um... I'm still undecided about Vintersorg's "Visions From...." I don't like the album, but perhaps it still has to grow on me. if it will not, i sure will try to get rid of it too :) )

edit:
mp3-list is not available cos most mp3s are/were songs that i downloaded for pre-listening. as soon as i have the actual albums, i delete them.
some are of bands that i will never have an album from :( but these are not so of common interest to write an extra list :lol:

- do people tend to establish album-collection of bands only for reasons of completeness?

- or do they really like all albums of bands' discographies?

- would they feel incomplete if they missed the bad albums, though they know they'd never listen to those?
For bands that I truly love I will seek out all releases for completist's sake. Some I truly enjoy all their work though, Ulver, Danzig, and King Crimson for example, have never had a poor release as far as I'm concerned. Hypocrisy has a few weak ones, but since I love them so much I bought all of their albums.

NAD said:
For bands that I truly love I will seek out all releases for completist's sake. Some I truly enjoy all their work though, Ulver, Danzig, and King Crimson for example, have never had a poor release as far as I'm concerned. Hypocrisy has a few weak ones, but since I love them so much I bought all of their albums.

what NAD said...

First of all you all deserve brownie buttons for wasting that much time and money, to create such extensive collections.

Ive looked at most of them-and I really didnt see any other music but metal represented- surely you guys listen to something else but metal? we know Sonicarnal Artist likes sarah brightman- but what non metal bands do the rest of you like. I know this is a metal site- but it seems a bit absurd to build a collection of all metal cds- and shut yourself off to the experiences of the rest of the musical world.

Who the hell are you to tell people that they can't listen to just metal? If that's what someone is deeply into, then that's what they are deeply into. Do you think a lot of country music fans have extensive hip-hop and acid jazz collections as well? Rap fans with NSBM? Ect....

Also, at least 100 of the CD's I listed are unarguably not metal.

heh, yes, there is no sin in having only metal. =) I'm sure almost all metal fans will occasionally listen to something other than metal (even if only very occasionally =) but hey, the only person who's qualified to say anything's a waste of money is the person finding themselves thus deprived.

speed said:
and I really didnt see any other music but metal represented- surely you guys listen to something else but metal?
i have 2 Matchbox20-albums and some Oasis-albums, and some 3 or so samplers of alternative-music. that's it :p

presently there's simply nothing else than metal that seriously interests me, music-wise :) and no, i don't feel limited, cos whenever i listen to mp3s of different music styles, I delete them again cos the space they take isn't even worth it (for my taste).

Hey Sonicarnal Artist, do ever go on the UM hub? If so, could you possibly share that Orplid album (Nächtliche Jünger)? I've been looking all over for some Orplid and have been unsuccessful. If you could that would be awesome.

This was my CD collection about 2 months ago, i've bought about 25 CD's since then.
Black Sabbath(14)
-Black Sabbath
-Paranoid
-Master Of Reality
-Vol4
-Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Sabotage
-Heaven And Hell
-Mob Rules
-Born Again
-Seventh Star
-Headless Cross
-TYR
-Dehumanizer
-Dio ’Killing The Dragon’

Judas Priest(4)
-Sad Wings Of Destiny
-Sin After Sin
-Killing Machine
-British Steel

Classics(10)
-Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Destruction’
-Led Zeppelin ‘IV’
-Rolling Stones ’40 Licks’
-Motorhead ‘Ace Of Spades’
-Def Leppard ‘Hysteria’
-Ozzy Osbourne ‘Blizzard Of Ozz
-Deep Purple ‘Machine Head’
-Led Zeppelin ‘II’
-Meatloaf ‘Bat Out Of Hell’
Led Zeppelin ‘Physical Graffiti’

Old music(7)
-Led Zeppelin ‘Early Days + Latter Days’
-Led Zeppelin ‘Early Days’
-The Best Of George Formby
-Venom ‘Welcome To Hell’
-Tangerine Dream ‘Electronic Meditation’
-Tangerine Dream ‘Force Majeure’

Thrash Metal(13)
Slayer
-Show No Mercy
-Haunting The Chapel
-Hell Awaits
-Reign In Blood
-South Of Heaven
Nuclear Assault ‘Game Over’
Kreator ‘Violent Revolution’
Kreator 'Endless Pain'
Kreator 'Live Kreation'
Kreator 'Pleasure To Kill'
Sodom 'Agent Orange'
Final Breath 'Mind Explosion'
Dew Scented 'Inwards'

German Speed Metal(11)
Gamma Ray
-Heading For Tomorrow
-Sigh No More
-Land Of The Free
-Powerplant
-Somewhere Out In Space
-No World Order
Blind Guardian
-Tales From The Twilight World
-The Forgotten Tales
-A Night At The Opera
Helloween
-Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part I
-Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part II

Metallica(5)
-Kill Em All
-Ride The Lightning
-Master Of Puppets
-And Justice For All
-Metallica(black album)

Hardcore(3)
-Never Give In-A Tribute To Bad Brains
-Black Flag ‘Slip It In’
-Bad Brains ‘Bad Brains’

Iron Maiden(10)
-Iron Maiden
-Number Of The Beast
-Piece Of Mind
-Powerslave
-Live After Death
-Somewhere In Time
-Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
-No Prayer For The Dying
-The X Factor
-Rock In Rio

Modern Music(13)
-Def Leppard ‘X’
-Deep Purple ‘Abandon’
-Dimmu Borgir ‘Stormblast’
-Metallica ’St Anger’
-Dimmu Borgir ‘Alive In Torment’
-Therion ’Vovin’
-Crowbar ‘Equilibrium’
-Slayer ‘God Hates Us All
-Hammerfall ‘Glory To The Brave’
-Entombed ‘Same Difference’
-Relient K ‘Relient K
Black Sabbath ‘Reunion’
-Pungent Stench 'Caught Somewhere + Bonus'

Nu Metal(11)
-Slipknot ‘Slipknot’
-Linkin Park ‘Hybrid Theory’
-Marilyn Manson ‘Antichrist Superstar’
-Marilyn Manson ‘Holy Wood’
-Marilyn Manson ‘Smells Like Children’
-Amen ‘Amen’
-Amen ‘We Have Come For Your Parents’
-Sunna ‘One Minute Silence’
-Spineshank ‘The Height Of Callousness’
-Limp Bizkit ‘Chocolate Starfish And The Hotdog Flavored Water
-Disturbed ‘The Sickness’

German Death Metal(8)
-Fleshcrawl ‘Soulskinner’
-Fleshcrawl ‘Bloodsoul’
-Profanity ‘Slaughtering Thoughts’
-Seirim ‘Empire Of The Dead’
-Seirim ‘Kill War Chaos’
-Maledictive Pigs ‘Bloodshed’
-Blood ‘Christbait’
-Atrocity ‘To Dessensucht’

British Death Metal(5)
-Godflesh ‘Streetcleaner’
-Carcass ‘Symphonies Of Sickness’
-Carcass ‘Heartwork’
-Desecration ‘Gore And Perversion’
-Bolt Thrower ‘The Ivth Crusade’

American Death Metal(4)
-Mortician ‘Chainsaw Dismemberment’
-Suffocation-Human Waste
-Cannibal Corpse ‘Bloodthirst’
-Cannibal Corpse ‘Butchered At Birth’

Swedish Death Metal(2)
-At The Gates ‘Terminal Spirit Disease’
-Unleashed ‘Hell’s Unleashed’
Soilwork 'Natural Born Chaos'

Very Satanic Metal(5)
-Deicide ‘When Satan Lives’
-Possessed ‘Seven Churches’
-Graveland ‘In The Glare Of Burning Churches’
-Graveworm 'Engraved In Black'
-Blackend 'Hymns To The Fallen'

I will post my complete collection when I can be bothered to write it.