Rate my guitar tone! Underrated and unpopular amp inside...

AHChris

Jun 23, 2009
Bavaria
Hey guys!

I´m working on a album for a thrashmetal band right now. Check out the guitar tone and tell me what you think of it. You can guess the amp if you like... It´s not very popular around here.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4195368/BK.mp3

Greetz Chris

Edit: The volume is pretty low, so turn your speakers UP!!

Yeah my guess was also on the Powerball. That amp has recieved quite of a beating here which surprises me. I owned one and didn't have a problem getting a good sound. If this is not the Powerball then ignore everything I've said :D

Sounds good!

ENGL?

Sounds good, band sucks though.

No it's no engl. Why do you think that the band sucks? I really like their stuff. How can you judge the band from a clip < 1 minute? Not trying to be a dick, I'm just curious.

Any other opinions? Maybe on the mix too? (yeah the snare is too loud, I know). Used a lot of vcc on this one. Drums are real except the kickdrum which is LSD. Bass is a 80s fenix bass in Audient 008 and 1176 split into two tracks (one of them overdriven with juicy77). Guitars are a schecter blackjack with blackouts into maxon 808 the amp (which is still to guess) into mesa OS miced with single 57 into audient 008.

Nope... I think I´ll solve this one: It´s a 1991 Marshall JCM 900 4500. I really don´t understand why there are so few people that like this amp... With the right settings, a boost and a good cab it sounds awesome!