Rate my mix (ADTR'ish band)

JeffEstrada

Ascend Recordings
Dec 16, 2010
I just finished working with a band on this mix, I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole thing sounds really hollow and scooped to me, sounds like there is no bass at all. Guitars also sound a bit too fizzy/high gain. Snare could do with some more smack too, it sounds quite dead

Sounds pretty good to me so far but of course it will make a difference how well the vocals sit. I like the tone I think the high gain sound is perfect for that pop-punkish sound although I did notice it clip a few times. Be careful of that maybe back off the limiter a bit bc the drums are a bit squashed. I like it overall tho

The second mix sounds better, but the drums are very, very thin and almost mono-sounding. The guitars also have just a bit too much highs in them for my taste, it starts to get fatiguing after awhile.

Thanks for the feedback :)

How can I remove some of that high end from the guitar without making the guitars sound dull?
@Tommy Evans, I used snare 12A Z1 mixed with Z4. I did a lot of thin cuts to remove the ringing.

Im using Ozone on the master track, I have the multiband stereo imaging turned on with the low end (Band 1) at about -0.6. Could that be the reason why my drums sound thin?