Rate my mix for this Pantera ish band

Was the bass player standing over you threatening to make you his bitch the whole time? Sounds like it.....

I'm of the general opinion that you need to cut a hole with eq in your guitar for the grind of the bass, not vice versa.

I would also send the kick,snare and toms to a drum bus and compress the hell out of it, Maybe even send the low end of the bass guitar too. Whatever works for rhythm section glue.

Vocals sound really good though, I think you nailed those.

Was the bass player standing over you threatening to make you his bitch the whole time? Sounds like it.....

I'm of the general opinion that you need to cut a hole with eq in your guitar for the grind of the bass, not vice versa.

I would also send the kick,snare and toms to a drum bus and compress the hell out of it, Maybe even send the low end of the bass guitar too. Whatever works for rhythm section glue.

Vocals sound really good though, I think you nailed those.

HAHAHA..thanks, yeah dude, these guys were kind of a pain to work with. They sat me down to have a "talk" about "how I work"..saying that the bass player didn't wanna go direct, that he wanted to go through a real mic'd bass amp...I was like, lets be real here i record out of my basement...no chance that was going to happen, i told him i'd go direct and he was gonna like it.

Not a bad mix, I think everything fits good together, drums are a bit too natural for my taste, like them a bit more compressed/snappy.