Rate my song! Something brutal..

Ok, the gtr tone is killer don't change that. In fact when the song started I almost chocked :D The bass gtr needs work though. It mudies up the mix. Try reducing some of the low mids on the bass. Also the snare needs turning down. The drums sound a bit artificial and muddy in general, but I think the snare is your biggest issue.

ok, i will do it in a minute - improve drums and turn down the bass and snare

tnx a lot!!

i know this sounds stupid.. but it sounds like the guitar is.. clipping.. haha. i mean, it's as if you've got your distorted signal, and then thats being clipped further?

i agree the guitars need to come down a bit too, or just clipped less (clipping makes things sound louder)

thanks,

@dcdanman - i dont hear any clipping, but maybe i'm deaf - i do my mixes very loud, and there can be some clipping from time to time:)

i did what you guys said and heres the updated track - is it better?

http://www.speedyshare.com/541344932.html

i've no idea what to with these drums to sound more natural... :(

It's better now. The snare still annoys me in the 2/4 parts which are usually the easy places to get it sound right. In the blastbeats it sounds perfect. I'd suggest either use more samples and play around with velocity, or EQ it until it sounds less annoying. Building a virtual drum kit to perfection takes time and patience...

Slight sucking/pumping sound on the chugging guitars, it's kinda there near the beginning of it, sounds like the palm mutes make it clip. That solo could be louder, it's too good to waste in the background. I want to do vox for this one pretty bad...this is my kind of shit, dude. Reminds me of Bloodbath & some heavy Edge of Sanity, basically Dan Swano's riffing... Nice.

yeah is overcompressed - i will turn the volume down and try to make a clearer mix.

I really appreciate you like it man! I wrote this song after 5h of listening to the new Bloodbath album, so its really cool to hear that!

Feel free to do some vox. I also want to show this song to my vocalist and ask him to do some vocals

Totally agree with the above. Good to hear some brutal stuff. I tend to get a bit jack of all the other kse sounding clips, really like your tune mate. This is more of the stuff I would like to hear, especially from a site that is called ULTIMATE METAL. As for the production, sounds a bit entombish to me, brings back memories, well done.

cheers dude!!!

Im really glad u like it. i love entombed and all kind swedish brutal zone :)