Rate my whole EP! lol

Hey Diobolic!!!
It's been a long time since you posted here!!!
Yeah I dig the guitar tone , it reminds me of 90's crossover-metal ;)
Pretty unique mix, maybe a bit more mids on guitars but I think is just me.
for me is super ok

What's up Maurizio? Hows life in Italia!? I checked out your bands MySpace, good stuff.

Awesome stuff really! Your old posts are legendary (to me at least). You inspired me to work harder on my mixes. Can I just say that I prefer your old guitar tone better? On Pulsate for example. On the new stuff the guitars sound less meaty; not exactly mid scooped, but they're lacking some frequencies-not sure really. I might be wrong but I think that your old stuff had a sort of slight low-pass thing going, that gave the mixes more character. The new crashes sound too pronounced as well...

Having said that, the mixes have really unique elements that work out really well. The mid section on Malfunction for example. Incredible atmosphere! I just think that you could have done better with the guitar tone, in relation to your old work. I think that it sounds oversaturated, that might be it!

Like I said the songs are pretty cool but I really think you need to put some lead on them, it could be a lead guitar, violin, vocals or whatever.
For abnormal people like us that enjoys even the tone of a guitar and the crack of a snare those songs are fine; but if you want to reach a greater audience normal people will listen to the first two minutes of the song and will star asking "where's the vocal line?", they don't care about the mix to an extent, they need something to follow, to hum, to remember.

Anyway I'm just saying, you could be rich and famous :p

Awesome stuff really! Your old posts are legendary (to me at least). You inspired me to work harder on my mixes. Can I just say that I prefer your old guitar tone better? On Pulsate for example. On the new stuff the guitars sound less meaty; not exactly mid scooped, but they're lacking some frequencies-not sure really. I might be wrong but I think that your old stuff had a sort of slight low-pass thing going, that gave the mixes more character. The new crashes sound too pronounced as well...

Thanks a bunch for the feedback man. I really appreciate it! The guitar tone is actually the same tone I've used for years (same tone on Pulsate). It must be the way I mixed it. I am still trying to get used to my new monitors. I recently bought a KRK Rokit 10s sub, because the low tunings were making it hard for me to mix the low end the way I wanted. The 8" monitors I have just didn't seem to give me a good enough representation by themselves. I'm still dialing it in. Thanks again, I will keep working with it. :kickass:

Damphire-
I have no interest in reaching a greater audience. The EP was made as a way for me to demo my ability while I look for a band to play with and for fun. I just wanted to make sure it sounded ok, and that is why I posted it here in the rate my mix area. I don't want to fag it out with wanky leads and while vocals are a great idea, I haven't found anyone to do them. Thank you for the input, though. :headbang:

FINALLY, he makes a return! how are you sir? now all we need is etherforbreakfast, CJwall, and nitroniumblood back, and we have ourselves a reunion..

Sounds great dude, i still have your patches and im glad to hear about this EP, incredible sound.

Great to have you back! Your stuff was always awesome, and apparently it still is! Really digging this so far, and I'd love to know more details about the production.

So what did you use? Pod xt for gitars and bass? How about the drums? The snare and toms sound incredible!

Yeah I'm still fully rocking the POD XT (ghetto, I know). But it works for me, honestly. I just don't see a need to change it up.

I'm actually pretty much using the same tools I always have. Audition, FL Studio, etc. Very basic stuff. I've reached the limit of what my current setup is capable of, imo. That's okay though, it works awesome for small home studio recordings and I'm happy enough with that.

Guitars- POD
Drums- FL Studio with drumagog and customized samples.
Bass- Interface direct, Ampeg SVX soft-modeler

FINALLY, he makes a return! how are you sir?

BOB! haha what's up dude? I'm doing great man. I've been super busy the past couple years and took a break from my band/music to concentrate on my family life. Bought a house for the wife and kid.. stuff like that. I love my new home studio room. Got it all decked out :kickass:

Great to have you back! Your stuff was always awesome, and apparently it still is! Really digging this so far, and I'd love to know more details about the production.

Hey Shane! Thanks man, I always loved your music too. How is Backmask doing? Here is the gear that I use-

My DAW consists of-
(Hardware)
3ghz quad core PC with 6gb ram, dual 22" monitors
M-Audio Fast Track Pro Interface
M-Audio BX8a near field monitors
KRK Rokit 10s subwoofer monitor
M-audio Oxygen 49 midi keyboard
Peavey 6505+
Randall XL cabs
Various mics, sm57's, 58s and others
Line 6 PODxt live
Lots of pedals and toys..