Rate my work (6505+/Framus Cobra/Ashdown/Sonor)

Pipsymbol

May 19, 2008
Croatia/Osijek
could you guys please give me some advice on what needs to be fixed in this mix/master?

I'm doing the whole album for this modern thrash band. I put the mix together few days ago and since then I'm stuck in middle of nowhere. so I felt I should ask for a help. I also did a quick master just to make it comparable to commercial mixes. also I should mention that there is no automation done so far.

as I put it in the title there has been 6505+ and framus cobra amps used along with marshall 1960 classic and framus cobra cabs. ashdown mag II head with 8x10" cab for bass and sonor birch drums with paiste alpha cymbals.

many thanks for your help!!!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7602645/Pipsymbol-test1.mp3

In my opinion guitars have a lot potential.
vox has too much reverb

very similar to Seek&Destroy :)

well I couldn't influence their playing too much. guitarist is friend of mine and he can really nail the good riff but he's constantly having troubles with their drummer and singer. he can't get any better people in the band unfortunately... drummer did not want to play to a click and his abilities are really below average. I did everything I could to correct timing issues but his playing is way too complicated for time stretching...
and they would not listen to many of my advices...

i just realised the amount of reverb! thanks @necro for making the point