Rate this Mix Please!

stilllifer

Dec 11, 2008
Hey all. I've struggled with the low end of the guitars and their relationship with the bass guitar forever. I have read and reread and reread Ermz's guide and that has been a huge resource, not to mention most of the threads on this board.

I think I may finally be getting closer but would love some feedback on this mix please. It's just guitars and bass at the moment - a few mistakes here and there too, as I did the recording fairly quickly. Drums and vox to follow.
I like a bit of grit and dirt in the bass guitar but like a more clean tone, so that's what I am shooting for.

My rig is Godin SD > Krank Rev Jr > Hardwire Tube OD > Theile 2x12 w/V30 and G12T75 > SM57 > Steinberg CI 1 > Reaper

Cheers!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2816313/ethrashmix2.mp3

without all instruments its a bit hard to say something. Because the kick drum will eat some low end also, so you have a lot of things to work in low end, not just the bass. But the guitars sound good.

without all instruments its a bit hard to say something. Because the kick drum will eat some low end also, so you have a lot of things to work in low end, not just the bass. But the guitars sound good.

Yeah man - I will add those for sure to finish to tune. I was pretty happy with the just the relationship of the bass and guitars, so I'll move on and finish it.
Cheers man! Hope all is good on your end!