Rate this new mix

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
I came up with some new ideas for a song and here it is. Its my usual Ibanez > Gearbox setup. I'll redo with Revalver III when I get a purchased copy. This is a work-in-progress, but how does it sound so far?

Version 1 (Gearbox)

I added some Slate samples to augment the kick and snare for version 2

Version 2 (Gearbox)

OK, I remixed yet again from the ground up and this time I used Revalver III. The drums on this one are all Addictive Drums and I think it's sounding pretty natural. The snare is infinitely better on this one and has a nice crack to it.

After comparison, the Revalver version has way more attack and definition to the guitars. I used Behindert's 6505+ preset he posted in his last thread. Thanks dude!

Version 3 (Revalver III 6505+) Way better than Gearbox IMHO!

I dig it a ton! I love the vibe a whole lot also. I think the tones are rocking also, but what I myself like the most is the drums. What did you do the drums with?

Its Addictive Drums. I did a second version with some Slate samples to help the snare. Don't know if I like it better or not. I want it to sound natural. I'm growing very tired of the over-sampled snare.

I understand that totally! You said you used the slate snare. Did you use that in Addictive drums and if so how do you load your on samples into it? I just got the program and I am still trying to learn everything about it.

The Line6 version sounds good but the treble is harsher compared to Revalver. Both sound great bu Revalver is better.

Hey Splat... I'm always collecting AD-presets. Would you like to share yours, too?
Actually I really liked the snare. It reminds me a bit of the Deftones-snare-sound

from the (very subjective) vibe perspective: I find the snare (in general) to prominent for what the riff has to say.
cool writing :cool::headbang::cool:

Hey Splat... I'm always collecting AD-presets. Would you like to share yours, too?
Actually I really liked the snare. It reminds me a bit of the Deftones-snare-sound

Sure no problem. You may have to remind me! I'm at school right now on a break and will probably forget when I get home.

from the (very subjective) vibe perspective: I find the snare (in general) to prominent for what the riff has to say.
cool writing :cool::headbang::cool:

Yes, the snare is definitely too prominent. I will fix that. I think this one is good to go though as a vocal template for my singers. I can't wait to get it back and to a complete and polished mix.

Might I add, Splat that despite what any of the knobs(myself included) on this forum tell you. You need more bite and less bass to your guitar sound. That is what bass is for! Roll off the bass knob, knobs!!!!!!