Rate this please!

zer0_c00l

Dec 18, 2006
I think this is my best mix using programmed drums so far.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7629544/n3.mp3

used DFH but used the 13" snare of the pop rock kit.

Bass is a old LP copy (strings have some time though, some 4 months, as they are expensive and this is not my primary intrument) going through my BOSS ME-50 compressor to the pc then used 2 tracks, one with cab impulses and other with hi-passed distortion.

Guitars are Schecter Hellraiser c-1 FR throught Le456 and my own cab impulse blended with catharsis awesome2 pulse.

0-30 secs the snare overpowers the mix, and the kick i find very hard to hear.

The guitars are a bit lost in the mix.

0-30 secs the snare overpowers the mix, and the kick i find very hard to hear.

The guitars are a bit lost in the mix.

:err: What are you listening on, laptop speakers? :lol:

I think everything sounds well balanced. The kicks could come up a bit, but I think overall it's pretty balanced. I would lower the room mic's maybe, the overhead is a bit obnoxious at times. The kick is pretty thin too, needs more balls. Is it stock samples from your software or are you doing any replacements? Do some EQ on that bad boy.

I Used DFH and the only thing I really hated was the snare, so I traded it for the 13" Pop/Rock Kit one (seemed to be the one who fitted better).

But about FX in the drums I only did a tad of Reverb on the snare and levelled everything until it sounded ballanced because it felt like it was everything well balanced and fitted in the mix.

And what do you say about the guitars and bass?

lowpass the cymbals man.
they're too bright for my liking. especially the high hats.
bass is a tad too loud for me too.
is the bass compressed to hell and back too?

Guitars are Schecter Hellraiser c-1 FR ----> Le456 ----> my own cab impulse blended with catharsis awesome2 pulse.

And yes, bass is lots of compressed.