Rate this!

Spite

Wait... What?
Jan 16, 2010
Hello fellow forumites.
I'm still pretty new to mixing and mastering, however I'm progressing by every mix I produce, largely due to the awesome people on this forum, whom are kind enough to share stems! :headbang:

This time around, I've been having a go at the Narcosynthesis cover posted by Jaymz.
Here is the current version.

Changed my process for mixing and mastering this time around, compressing only the bass before mastering, and using a bunch of new plugins (MDA, C3 multiband comp to name a few)

Guitars are my stock ADA MP-1 using moderate gain and no boost. (gain was around 3.8 for OD1 and 2)
A single SM57 infront of my Harley Benton 2x12 with V30s in it.
4 tracks on axis, off center and another 4 on axis near the edge of the speaker. This was recorded at "loud tv" volume.
I hardy touched the EQ, though I did add hi and low pass filters.

I supplemented the backingtrack's drums with some of the samples I have. (kick, snare, toms and hats Only slight EQing on these)

I had to EQ the backingtrack to bring up the vocals and solos. Slight boost around 700hz and 1.1khz.

Overall I've been trying to keep things simple across the board pluginwise.

Also, for now I'm mixing on headphones, so there might be some issues with the lowend. Please, let me know what you think, and any tips on how I can improve this mix.