RATED X, ft ex RAINBOW, BLUE MURDER members

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
RATED X RELEASE "THIS IS WHO I AM” VIDEO

"This Is Who I Am”, the debut video from the new supergroup Rated X - featuring vocalist Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow, Deep Purple), guitarist Karl Cochran (Nuclear Assault, Joe Lynn Turner), bassist Tony Franklin (Blue Murder, The Firm) and drummer Carmine Appice (Mother's Army, Vanilla Fudge) - can be viewed below. The band’s self-titled debut is set for release in Europe on November 7th and in North America on November 11th, the album features all new songs built upon a classic hard rock foundation, with a distinctly contemporary edge.

p1924l9gtb46q37k133k1qg41vho4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this song quite a bit. I had (naively) really hoped for a bit of the Blue Murder sound, but while this doesn't have any of that..... It's good classic hard rock.

I like this song quite a bit. I had (naively) really hoped for a bit of the Blue Murder sound, but while this doesn't have any of that..... It's good classic hard rock.

I think that would require John Sykes more than the other two guys. I was pretty much set up for disappointment by the title.

I think that would require John Sykes more than the other two guys. I was pretty much set up for disappointment by the title.

I know, but I can dream...... Since Sykes seems to work at his own very, VERY slow pace, I'm not holding my breath.

Sounds like a band with potential. Certainly better than JLT's three Sunstorm albums. Those albums were just too light fluff/pop for my taste. I've missed hearing JLT belt-out some real rock music. I always liked him on the Rainbow albums, one Deep Purple album and his solos (once you get past the first two or three lame ones). Holy Man and Slam are great hard rock and blues albums.

I see JLT still has the same wig he's been using for 20 years.

There was a time I could recognize his voice immediately. He has one of my all-time favorite vocal performances on Malmsteen's Odyssey and I love his Rainbow work. I NEVER would have thought this was him based on vocals alone. Not bad, but not something I'd listen to a second time.

Sounds like a band with potential. Certainly better than JLT's three Sunstorm albums. Those albums were just too light fluff/pop for my taste.

I agree with you for the first 2, which were very light save for a few tracks. But the last Sunstorm (Emotional Fire) had guitars that were heavy enough to please me. A killer album IMO.

You should check out 2006's Kajiyama/Turner-Fire Without Flame. It was very good and quite heavy at times by JLT standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
JLT's voice still sounds awesome. The tune itself doesn't blow me away though. Great singers can't always save a song.

That band name needs some serious work.

Yes considering the name has been beaten to death. I played some of the other bands I own with the same name on my show and was saying the same thing about all of them.

Funny thing is the other unknown Rated X bands are much better! I made this the same day.

RATEDX.jpg

JLT's voice is still amazing but I prefer Sunstorm musically speaking. It's more melodic and catchier. This band is ok but that sort of relaxed classic rock slightly bluesy style doesn't really do it for me. Now Revolution Saints the new project from Frontiers does exactly what this doesn't. Pump up the guitar and get the melodies to flow more.