RAVEN: Audio Samples Of SWEET, SLADE And DEEP PURPLE Covers

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
NWOBHM thrash godfathers RAVEN have launched a Kickstarter crowd-funding campaign to finance the recording of their next studio album, "ExtermiNation". The band has recorded a full-length covers CD titled "Party Killers" that is being offered as an exclusive Kickstarter reward for backers. The group is also offering exclusive t-shirts, patches, and a seven-inch vinyl single via the campaign, which runs through November 28."Party Killers", which is is available on CD and 12-inch vinyl, includes the following tracks:* "Too Bad Too Sad" (NAZARETH)* "Bad Reputation" (THIN LIZZY)* "Cockroach" (SWEET)* "Fireball" (DEEP PURPLE)* "Hang On To Yourself" (DAVID BOWIE)* "He's A Whore" (CHEAP TRICK)* "In For The Kill" (BUDGIE)* "Is There A Better Way" (STATUS QUO)* "Ogre Battle" (QUEEN)* "Queen Of My Dreams" (EDGAR WINTER)* "Tak Me Bak 'Ome" (SLADE)Snippets of RAVEN's versions of "Cockroach" (SWEET), "Tak Me Bak 'Ome" (SLADE) and "Fireball" (DEEP PURPLE) can be streamed using the SoundCloud widget below. Comments RAVEN vocalist and bassist John Gallagher: "We were writing for the new album at a cool studio in Richmond, Virginia, and in the middle of jamming asked the engineer there if we could record a few cover tunes just for the hell of it. The sounds were so good, we decided to do something we'd been threatening for many years: 'Party Killers' — a collection of cover tunes guaranteed to deafen yer neighbors!! It's basically a peek into the little red 45rpm singles box we used to have at home... songs and bands that were very influential to us as kids, but given the RAVEN overhaul! I think it gives a nice insight to our roots and will be an excellent companion to the new album." RAVEN released the "Rock Until You Drop - A Long Days Journey" two-disc DVD as a digipak in North America on July 2, 2013 via SPV/Steamhammer. The effort contains four hours and 30 minutes of concert footage from around the world, in the studio, backstage, interviews with the band, the fans, musicians and producer. It tells the story of over three decades of trailblaizing metal mayhem!RAVEN's latest album, "Walk Through Fire", was released in the U.S. on March 30, 2010 (one day earlier in Europe through SPV/Steamhammer) via Metal Blade Records. The CD was recorded at Assembly Line Studios with engineer/mixer Kevin 131 (PROJECT: FAILING FLESH, DECEASED, DYSRYTHMIA, GARDEN OF SHADOWS).
ravenexterminationcd.jpg

More...