RC Forum CD-R swap party

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
We really need to set one of these up, I think it would be beneficial for all and for the greater good of the music community. :loco: The only rule that I think everyone can agree on is that if you like a CD-R you receive, you need to buy an official copy of the album (obviously this will be on the honor system).

What I want:
Cynic - Focus
Pestilence - Testimony of the Ancients
Aeternas - ...And So the Night Became

What I have:
Weird shit that most of you fuckers are too scared to purchase blind. :tickled:

(30 seconds later) THE SYSTEM WORKS!!! :loco:

Let me know if you're looking for anything in particular, or I could send you a shitload of terrible promos.

exchanging CD-Rs is pretty nice, but there's always the option to simply download what you like for a cost of nothing, at least if you have DC... but what the heck, i somehow feel like broadening my horizons somewhat and that's not gonna happen if i choose what to download, i'm interested in:

arcane sun - s/t
orphaned land - mabool
blut aus nord - the work which transforms god

(edit: my list http://www.skivsamling.nu/show.pl?orderby=artist+asc&id=18285&offset=all)

I still use a crappy dial-up connection, so I actually already do a bit of CD-R trading every now and then. I mostly get people to send me weird shit I've never heard. It is a good was to broaden your horizons as spaffe said.

I have the Arcane Sun s/t, and courtesy of J, I actually have their unreleased second album "Fade". Obviously this was only ever available on CD-R so you don't have to feel bad about having a copy :cool:. If anyone wants that I'm happy to trade.

Here's my list: http://cd-tracker.com/item_list_v2.asp?UserID=3549

I have some pretty rare death metal albums such as Cadaver's ...In Pains, Massacra's Enjoy The Violence and Therion's Beyond Sanctorum(original Active Records release). I'm willing to trade them in CD-R.

Doom said:
I still use a crappy dial-up connection, so I actually already do a bit of CD-R trading every now and then. I mostly get people to send me weird shit I've never heard. It is a good was to broaden your horizons as spaffe said.

I have the Arcane Sun s/t, and courtesy of J, I actually have their unreleased second album "Fade". Obviously this was only ever available on CD-R so you don't have to feel bad about having a copy :cool:. If anyone wants that I'm happy to trade.

Here's my list: http://cd-tracker.com/item_list_v2.asp?UserID=3549

That is exactly what I need. The second, unreleased album from Arcane Sun. You looking for anything Doom?

BloodStainedWalls said:
That is exactly what I need. The second, unreleased album from Arcane Sun. You looking for anything Doom?
Do you have a list? If not, I wouldn't mind checking out that Bergthron CD from your sig.

Is there anything else you'd want? Obviously if I'm sending to America, it would be a bit more economical to send more than 1.

jimbobhickville said:
Cynic is amazing; Pestilence isn't that great (dunno what the hype was all about, it's just standard death metal).
I cannot believe people like Cynic that much. I swear, if certain albums weren't rarities, they wouldn't receive half the hype they get. Case in point: Cynic, Diabolical Masquerade, and Eucharist's "Mirrorworlds".

Testimony of the Ancients is 'standard death metal'? Yeah, well I suppose it is if you compare it to jazz fusion robot-voice metal. :tickled:

Erik said:
I could burn you a GREATEST HITS FOR PEOPLEZ WHO LIEKZ KATATONIA BRAVE MURDAR DAY collection with all the stuff I mentioned above as part of the whole CD-R trading deal if you want.
I would like this muchly.

I need to set up a CD list, yes. I'm starting to develop some pretty cool bootlegs via some dude I currently trade with. He sits at home all day trading stock and downloading concerts, I wish I had that life.

Also, I have that Blut Aus Nord for trade.

I have the Pestilence, Blut Aus Nord, Aeternus etc. I've seen mentioned, but it seems a lot of other people do too. :tickled:

What I'd like to have is a copy of albums I'm having a hard time tracking down, so at least I can listen to them before I find a copy. Case in point, Negura Bunget. I really need to hear these guys already damnit. :p

Other stuff I'm really interested in hearing: Arcane Sun, Atheist, Necrophagist, Lux Occulta, The Chasm and maybe Taake and Sotajumala.

I almost bought Hammers of Misfortune the other day but passed. Someone convince me to do it, if I'll like them that is.

Also need to buy this Deathspell Omega so I guess I need to find a quick, reliable site to buy from.

Anyway, that's essentially most of the stuff I need to hear/buy that seems fairly tough to find. (at least for me)

Awwww, shit, turns out even my non-NS list is longer than I expected!

Bruce Dickinson - Accident of Birth
Burzum - Filosofem, Daudi Baldurs
Deep Purple - Come Taste The Band, Purpendicular
Gehennah - Hardrocker
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Nokturnal Mortem - Lunar Poetry
Ophthalamia - Dominion
Sacramentum - Far Away From The Sun
Twisted Sister - Love Is For Suckers, Live At Hammersmith

I would be DAMN FUCKING HAPPY if someone has that Gehennah album! I just haven't had the opportunity to blag it for fucking ages.

Whether or not I'll have something anyone else is interested in is an entirely different kettle of fish... :oops:

yep, I was comparing it to jazz-fusion vocoder death metal, which was interesting, intricate, and influential. I might not be thinking of "Testimony of the Ancients" specifically, now that I think about it. I was listening to the Pestilence songs from the recent double-CD re-release to see if I wanted to order it, and I was not at all impressed. Still, I should've verified that I was thinking of the same album before I spoke. My bad.

Still, I don't see what you have against Cynic. Virtuoso musicians creating a unique and interesting sound. Is it just the vocoder that bugs you? I personally don't understand why vocals can't be processed like every other instrument. Not that that's what you think, but I've heard people say that. To me, it's the same as distorted guitars, effects, synthesizers, and any other type of processing used in recordings nowadays.

Opeth17 said:
I almost bought Hammers of Misfortune the other day but passed. Someone convince me to do it, if I'll like them that is.
You gotta be kidding me. I'm not sure how much more raving we can do about this band on this forum. :tickled: It depends on what you're looking for (and it seems like you're on a big straightforward death metal kick as of late), but I've yet to hear anyone put the Hammers down (other than slight criticism that the last song on The August Engine was too long).