re-amp? correct method or no?

chinchek

New Metal Member
Jan 15, 2009
this may aggravate many of you since there are many topics on re-amping.. but even after reading several threads on reamping, i am still not confident in my knowledge.

the only recording equipment i have is a Tascam US-122L.
so, i plug my guitar into the interface, open up cubase, and record a clean session. then i start inserting plug-ins, loops the riff i just recorded, as it loops i adjust plug in settings until i find the right sound. is this correct for basics?

if so, the way i perform in guitar is the better the tone the better i can play. so how am i suppose to make catchy riffs if i cant listen to what is being recorded. when i use wager 2, TSS, and guitar hack impulses (using plug in called Kier or something...) i get noticeable latency. so monitoring the track is annoying cause i screw up on my second track cause of the latency... do you follow me?
so i feel like i am doing something wrong here.

please be patient with me, :loco:

Yeah, you're talking about recording with ampsims, re-amping in the traditional sense is physically sending your dry guitar tracks out to an amplifier and mic'ing up a cab. And you should be able to monitor through Cubase while you track it with 256 samples of latency (the absolute max that I can tolerate, I prefer 128 samples). Adjust the sample buffer in the control panel for your interface, and disable wireless networking/unplug your LAN cable if you get clicks/pops. If that doesn't solve it, time to buy a new interface, I'm afraid.

I use a DI-Box to split the Signal. One line goes to the Recordingdevice, the other to my POD. While I play, I mute the Channel I record to in Logic and hear myself playing through the POD.

Ups, now I stopped lurking the forums.

What do you think about this method?

I use the interface's DI input as a DI box and I record my DI track.
At the same time I use the DI track as input for a bus that I send through one of the interface's output and I send this one to my amp/pod for monitor or register a distorted track.
Do you think it should be some latency problem?

At the same time I use the DI track as input for a bus that I send through one of the interface's output and I send this one to my amp/pod for monitor or register a distorted track.

Haven't thought about this... Need to try that out. Would save the DI Split :p

Hmm, yeah, you're definitely gonna get some latency, because you have to account for both the A/D conversion of your DI track and then the D/A conversion going out to the amp. Just get a DI box and split the signal man!