Reamping with my pod...HELP

-Loco-

Knives.
Apr 17, 2009
I wanna use my pod for reamping in reaper, i moved the vst file to reapers FX so it appears in my plugins..but when i open it, it doesnt do anything at all - nothing in the signal chain is affected by anything i tweak in that running of gearbox. I can run the standalone fine, i may have heard something about you having to pay more to line6 for those features...help please?:)

EDIT: Just saw your signature where it states you have a POD X3 - you should be able to use POD Farm as a plugin, but possibly not GearBox if I understand the upgrade path correctly. You may want to download POD Farm and see if that works as a VST effect insert.

See this link on the Line6 website: POD Farm Plugin

At the bottom you will see the compatible hardware and a listing of certain models that have had "plugin" capability enabled for free (as long as that device is connected to your DAW).

Special note for owners of POD X3, POD X3 Live, POD X3 Pro, TonePort UX8, TonePort DI-Gold, TonePort DI-Silver: POD Farm plug-in functionality is now a factory-enabled feature of your hardware.

In my case I was using a GuitarPort as an interface for the older GearBox in standalone mode. When POD Farm was released I upgraded it for free to standalone POD Farm, then purchased plugin functionality which then gave me the ability to use it as a VST plugin in my DAW - now I use an M-Audio Fast Track Pro to track with the GuitarPort simply acting as the dongle for POD Farm as a plugin.

Thats how I understand the path to be for many POD devices except those listed as having it as "factory-enabled".

Jind

Is POD farm the exact same as gearbox? i dont wanna lose all my settings...

you can open up all your pre-sets for gearbox in podfarm but podfarm can do dual tones (i dont think gearbox can)

yeah gearbox does dual tones man. I cant wait to try this when i get back home!