Reb Beach comments on Metallica Says Kirk Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoltronLions

Sep 10, 2002
nj usa
www.ebay.com
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137982

WINGER/WHITESNAKE's REB BEACH: KIRK HAMMETT Is One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard - Apr. 5, 2010

Classic Rock Revisited's Jeb Wright and Jesse Lee recently conducted an interview with WINGER/WHITESNAKE guitarist Reb Beach for the "Decades Of Distortion" show on the Arkansas City, Kansas radio station KACY 102.5 FM.

When asked about the comparisons between his playing and that of METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett, Beach said, "I don't know the guy [Kirk], but I think he's one of the worst guitar players I've ever heard in my life. I've never heard a solo from that guy that was any good. . . This guy is out of tune, and his vibration... what is it? Vibrato. Oh my god. It sounds like a beginner."

He continued, "Back in the '80s, he was always voted best guitar player, and I'm like, 'What?! That guy is terrible.'

"I hate to say that because I might meet him one day.

"What's he play in? MEGADETH? METALLICA? Is he in METALLICA? Oh, then I have no problem doing that because in their biggest video, 'Nothing Else Matters', when they threw darts at a poster of Kip Winger, and then they showed it live — 20,000 people every night laughing at WINGER — I don't mind saying that Kirk Hammett sucks."

Status
Not open for further replies.