Rebuilding KATGORY V

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
Best of luck. I know the last album didn't sell as well as you all were hoping, but I'm sure things will get better with your next output.

Dustin, you should just have Al proofread everything before you post it. His attention to detail is meticulous. :lol:

No kidding!
I have praised Al on here before regarding his writing style.
His posts read like a professional business memo.
Very refreshing on the eyes!
He's a keeper!
(Not saying I would flip for him or anyhting)

That was absolutely hilarious, Jasonic!

Not only am I the singer for Category Five (Katagory V? Who spells it like that?), but I am also the editor-in-chief! As Dustin's spelling and grammar indicate, I'm up to my eyeballs in work!

To be serious, any concerned fans should know that these setbacks are very temporary ones. Dustin is the most determined musician I know, and "Bizarro" Matt LeFevre is quite the go-getter as well. I keep in touch with them on a regular basis, and it looks like the new music is coming along smoothly. I'm looking forward to adding my touch to these tracks when they come my way. Once we acquire the right guitarists (which may be sooner than you think!), you folks are going to hear this band the way it was meant to sound.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I've never been a fan of the band, but I have to say, that was both a sad and heart-warming update to read.

Now that you've chosen to continue, I wish you the best of luck. I love this genre and I hope all the bands find success, even the ones that don't "do it" for me.

Here's to musician determination - a wonderful thing :kickass:

dtmetalfan69 said:
Are we going to see you in Atlanta this year Dustin?
Absolutely! It's the one (and only) vacation I look forward to ever year.

OrbWeaver said:
Dustin, you should just have Al proofread everything before you post it. His attention to detail is meticulous.
This is true... I will have to officially designate him the official K5 secretary. His being meticulous might also explain why he takes so long in the bathroom (i.e. showers, making B.M.) I often wonder what he is doing in there that takes 20-30 min.

Cheiron said:
Best of luck. I know the last album didn't sell as well as you all were hoping, but I'm sure things will get better with your next output.
Actually, it's sold about the same as the third album, but didn't exactly make it a "step up" concerning status or notoriety IMO, which is what I would have liked to have seen happen. Thankfully, it wasn't considered a turd-in-a-punchbowl by the media like the 2nd album, which sadly seems to still be underrated, overlooked and seriously misunderstood.

Thanks for the props, I also believe the next album will be better, both in quality and delivery. In fact, I wouldn't keep the band going if I didn't feel that way. If album #5 fails; rather than blame 4 or 5 guys on the fiasco, there will only be one person to blame, and that would be myself, and I can live with that, as I won't let it come out until I'm 100% happy with it, and that's what matters most for me right now.

Palabra de Dios said:
Good luck, Dustin. I'm sorry for all the adversity, but you should be commended for continuing to persevere.
Thank you for saying that! It's not going to be easy, and certainly 10x more stressful with all the new responsibilities I've inherited... but I'm going to give it a go and make the best out of a really cumbersome situation.

edgeofthorns said:
Jasonic, why don't you kick him in the groin while you're at it!
LOL! ...and kick me in the Mangina too!
No worries, I have pretty thick skin. If I didn't, I wouldn't make it very long as a musicians in any capacity.

SeaStorm said:
I've never been a fan of the band, but I have to say, that was both a sad and heart-warming update to read.

Now that you've chosen to continue, I wish you the best of luck. I love this genre and I hope all the bands find success, even the ones that don't "do it" for me.

Here's to musician determination - a wonderful thing

umm... Thanks... I think? LOL!
Seriously though, thanks you for saying that - I'm glad to know my words were inspirational, even to those that are not fans of the band. It's nice to read this kind of honesty, and see the brotherly love when it comes to this genre of music.

I'm very saddened to hear the news about the Band Dustin. If you have Curtis's email can you shoot it to me via private messages.

Seeing you guys finally play in Chicago was one highlight I will always cherish. I have many fond memories of not only that weekend but many other from ProgPower & BWBK. I wish you, Sheri and the K5 crew all the best and have no doubts that we'll see you back better and stronger than ever before:kickass:

John

Thanks for sharing the bathroom stories, Dustin!

I'm sure everybody wanted to know about my "sabbaticals!"

Also, I'd like to ask Zinescene a question. Which Katagory V show did you catch in Chicago? Was it the performance at the Midwest Metal Anthem last August? If so, did I speak to you? I'm trying to match the forum name with a face, and I'm drawing a blank. If you did see us then, I'm glad you enjoyed the show!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert