recent dvds, any dvd

The saYer

thrashermetaller
Aug 17, 2003
bay area
Visit site
I just ordered shaman and angra dvds all the way from brazil and they are incredible!, especially shaman, I also have

kreator revisioned glory
priest electric eye
hammerfall templr renegade crusades

I still can't find metal discharge cause of these weak stores! damn.

on vhs:
testamnet87/88
mf and kd87,93
slayer 86
slayer live intrusion
testament seen between the lines
iron maiden video compilation

Here is my metal vhs/dvd collection...

VHS

Motley Crue - Lewd Crued and Tattooed
Iron Maiden - From There To Eternity
Hard and Heavy Compilation (I forget which volume, includes Gwar, Britny Fix, Kingdom Come, Halford/Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Exodus, and more)

DVD

Primal Fear - The History of Fear
Dio - Sacred Heart
Dio - Evil Of Divine
Anthrax - Return Of The Killer A's
Slayer - Live At The Warfield
Gamma Ray - Heading For The East
Scorpions - A Savage Crazy World
Helloween - High Live
Judas Priest - Electric Eye
Judas Priest - Live In London
Iron Maiden - Raising Hell

I love DVDs but I haven't bought any new ones lately :erk:

Here's my small VHS/DVD list so far :

Accept - Metal Blast from the Past
Armored Saint - Tri Thru Red Times
Axel Rudi Pell - Knights Treasures
Candlemass - Documents of Doom
Dio - Evil or Divine
Fates Warning - The View from Here
Gamma Ray - Heading for the East
Gamma Ray - Lust for Live
Grave Digger - Tunes of Wacken
Hammerfall - Templar Crusades
Iron Maiden - Raising Hell
Jag Panzer - The Era of Kings and Conflict
Judas Priest - Judas Priest Live 82
Judas Priest - Electric Eye
Keep It True Festival 2003
Kreator - Live Kreation Revisioned Glory
Manowar - Hell on Earth Part II & III
Primal Fear - The History of Fear
Queensryche - Building Empires
Queensryche - Operation LiveCrime
Rage - Metal Meets Classic Live
Saxon - Saxon Chronicles
Star One - Live on Earth
UDO - Nailed to Metal
Warlord - Book I
+ Metal Blade DVD 20th Anniversary

My collection

VHS
12 Wasted Years- Iron Maiden
Live After Death- Iron Maiden
Raising Hell- Iron Maiden
Crossover(Live at the Ritz)- D.R.I
The Ultimate Revenge- Slayer, Exodus, Venom
The Ultimate Revenge 2- Forbidden, Faith or Fear, Dark Angel, Death, and Raven
Maximum Video- Six Feet Under

DVD
Visions of the Beast- Iron Maiden
Rock in Rio- Iron Maiden
Live in Antartica- Gwar
Live at Waterfield- Slayer
Live in L.A.- Death
Live at Pompei- Pink Floyd

The saYer said:
wow, I cant find most of those, which ones are the best from those collections?
The Ultimate Revenge- Slayer, Exodus, Venom
The Ultimate Revenge 2- Forbidden, Faith or Fear, Dark Angel, Death, and Raven

Here's my collection and some comments in case anyone's interested:

Anthrax - Music Of Mass Destruction
A nice live gig. The picture could be a bit better as could the tracklisting, but I like it nonetheless. And John Bush delivers the old stuff better than Joey ever did. Nice bonus stuff too. 8/10

Armored Saint - Trip Through Red Times
Lots of bootleg videos, a couple of promo videos and an awesome hour long interview. The interview alone is a must have for the fans and nothing to complain about the rest either. Sure, some of the bootleg videos have horrible quality, but isn't that a part of the charm... :cool: 10/10

Armored Saint - Armored Saint Magazine - Lessons Not Well Learned
More bootleg videos, some promo videos (though 2 of them are in TTRT as well) and general nonsense caught on tape. I'd say this one is for the fans; if you're new to AS, get Trip instead. 7/10

Grave Digger - Tunes Of Wacken
Audiowise pretty good, but the visual side blows. Mostly because the the gig was filmed outside in broad daylight. Needless to say, the pyro effects look like a joke because it's so light. An indoor gig would've been a much better choice for filming. The band members are also so damn ugly that the less light there is, the better. :D But as I said, the audio side is pretty good and from time to time Boltendahl actually sounds like he can sing. Solid, ballsy guitarwork too. 6/10

Helloween - High Live
This was originally released in video in 1996 (or 1997?) so the picture quality isn't crystal clear. It's not shit by any means, but there's a certain sharpness missing. Audio is good. The tracklisting has a few too many songs from TTOTO and MOTR (for obvious reasons), but the 80's classics are still there and Andi handles them very well. The bonus material is a joke, there's some guy telling Helloween's history for 5 minutes and that's it. Promo videos, anyone? 7/10

Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio 2dvd
I'm sure most of you know this one kicks ass. 5 zillion crazy Brazilians + Iron Maiden = brilliance. Of course you can always bitch about the setlist, but I'm sure every Maiden fan can feel satisfied with this one. My only complaint is the hectic editing, the angle changes almost every other second or so. The second disc has bonus interview stuff with each member and they're great too. Too bad I have scratched that disc beyond repair. :erk: 9½/10

Jag Panzer - The Era Of Kings And Conflict
Promo videos, a part of a bootleg live video and bonus stuff including a cool interview. The promo videos are a bit cheesy, but after all, this is old school heavy metal. The bootleg part is just a single camera recording and really nothing to write home about. Bonus material is nice, especially the interview. I'd really like to see a real live JP dvd sometime in the future, hopefully such a thing is in the planning. 7/10.

Megadeth - Rude Awakening
Kickass live concert. It's not the classic lineup, but who cares? Pitrelli and DeGrasso play their asses off and every song sounds amazing. Very good setlist too. Not much to complain here really. Megadeth fans should definitely get this. 9/10.

Queensrÿche - Operation : Livecrime
Great live rendition of the Operation Mindcrime album. The tracks sound even better than in the original record and the visual side is amazing with all kinds of movie clips and stage lights and shit. Calling this just a concert would be an understatement, this is a show. Highly recommended. 9½/10.

Damn, that was probably the longest post I've ever written. o_O