Recent Hauls

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
I just thought a thread of recent CD purchases would be an easy thread to post in. It requires no brain activity, which I like, since my brain is usually a sponge for alcohol. Anyway, here goes.

Carcass- Reek of Putrefaction
Carcass- Symphonies of Sickness
Dimension Zero- Silent Night Fever
Waylander- The Light, the Dark and the Endless Knot

You better start saving your money for a ring for your girl!

Just kidding. Give us your impression on your recent purchases, once you have given them a good listen.

The last CD I bought was Watchmaker. My review of it is posted here at UM's review forum.

Gorerotted - Mutilated In Minutes
Visceral Bleeding - Remnants Of Deprivation
Regorge - Symphonies Of Sickness
Depraved - Decadence & Lust
Suppository - Punching Out Reality.

The Suppository review is already up on the site, and the others should be available in the next few days.

Shit, I'm afraid to list me 'recent haul.' One thing's for certain, it IS a haul alrighty:

Agalloch - Of Stone Wind & Pillor
Alghazanth - Osiris: Typhoon Unmasked
Alghazanth - Subliminal Antenora
Alghazanth - Thy Aeons Envenomed Sanity
Ancient - Proxima Centauri
Ancient Rites - Dim Carcosa
Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors
Battlelore - ...Where the Shadows Lie
Bloodthorn - Onwards Into Battle
Cales - The Pass In Time
Cirith Gorgor - Onwards to the Spectral Defile
Cruachan - Tuatha Na Gael
Cryonic Temple - Chapter I
Danse Macabre - Matters of the Heart
Dark Moor - Shadowland
Darkthrone - Plaguewielder
Divine Souls - Embodiment
Double Dealer - Deride at the Top
Dream Evil - Dragonslayer
Ebony Tears - Evil As Hell
Edge of Sanity - Cryptic
Elegy - State of Mind
Evergrey - In Search of Truth
Finntroll - Midnattens Widunder
Frostmoon - Tordenkrig
Gloomy Grim - Written In Blood
Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness
Hidden - Spectral Magnitude
Iron Savior - Condition Red
Majesty - Sword N' Sorcery
Manegarm - Havets Vargar
Nostradameus - The Prophet of Evil
Powergod - Evilution Part I
Primordial - Storm Before Calm
Rage - XIII
Scholomance - The Immortality Murder
Seven Witches - Second War In Heaven
Therion - Beyond Sanctorum
Vader - Armageddon
Vader - Revelation

No, I haven't listened to any of them yet, and NO, I didn't buy them all in one fell swoop. It was more like 2. :D

I go for that 5 points system too:

Hollenthon - "With Vilest Of Worms To Dwell" (5)
Mactätus - "Suicide" (4)
Norther - "Dreams Of Endless War" (5)
Seth - "Divine X" (3½)

So as you can see, these are a good investment...

Originally posted by markgugs

Agalloch - Of Stone Wind & Pillor
Cruachan - Tuatha Na Gael
Finntroll - Midnattens Widunder
Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness
Primordial - Storm Before Calm
Scholomance - The Immortality Murder

All damn fine albums.

I've been skimping a little recently, so all I've bought is:

Anataios / Stigmatic Chorus split (which hasn't turned up yet)

Venom's "Welcome To Hell" remaster. It's worth it just to hear Snots Shit, and after all that evil menace, Cronos going "That's a fuckin' teak, mun!" in his big old Geordie accent. It cracks me up.

Gontyna Kry's "Krew Naszych Ojcow" on tape. I can handle the swastikas, and it's a great album of Black Metal, sometimes with synths, sometimes without. The mystickal aspect is helped because, not speaking a word of Polish, I have no idea what any of the titles, lyrics or liner notes mean. I even found a letter that I've never seen before.

Eminem "The Eminem Show" - oh shut up. The new single was funny. I thought the album might be OK.

Blind Guardian "Nightfall In Middle Earth" :worship: on CD, which rocks like a hurricane. If only I'd read the Silmarillion first.

Originally posted by phyre
Eucharist - Mirrorworlds (4)

I can't find this anywhere! I guess I need to venture further out than The End Records obviously...

Originally posted by Dreamlord

Mine is in the mail as we speak. www.metaldisc.com has it, but be prepared to spend a pretty penny.

Thank you! I've been looking for this disc for some time now. I just put in an order at metaldisc myself. How long do they usually take to fulfill orders?

Anyway, $20 + shipping isn't bad at all for something I've been looking for forever...

Originally posted by St. Vitus

Thank you! I've been looking for this disc for some time now. I just put in an order at metaldisc myself. How long do they usually take to fulfill orders?

Anyway, $20 + shipping isn't bad at all for something I've been looking for forever...

You should have it by early next week.

$25 ain't bad. I have paid more than that for rare CD's.

Again, www.gemm.com is a good website also. Gemm.com is the middle-man betwwen the buyer and seller(kind of like Paypal), but sellers list there products on Gemm.com. I have purchased two OOP CD's through Gemm and both were shipped the next day.

Originally posted by Dreamlord

You should have it by early next week.

$25 ain't bad. I have paid more than that for rare CD's.

Yeah, same here. A lot more. But let's move on....

Again, www.gemm.com is a good website also. Gemm.com is the middle-man betwwen the buyer and seller(kind of like Paypal), but sellers list there products on Gemm.com. I have purchased two OOP CD's through Gemm and both were shipped the next day.

I've skimmed around the gemm.com site a few times in the past, but I've never followed up on a purchase through it. I should probably make better use of that in the future, as I have a lot of out-of-print stuff on my wantlist right now (isn't that always the case?)

I hope you enjoy Mirrorworlds. Mine should be here any day now. Can't wait. Also, Dimension Zero's sought after EP "Penetrations of the Lost World" is being mailed to me also. Can't wait for that one either. I got Silent Night Fever yesterday and I must say, it is pretty damn good.

www.metal-rules.com consider Jester Race (IF), Slaughter of the Soul (AtG), The Gallery (DT), and Mirrorworlds to all be in the same league. The pivotal albums of the genre so to speak.

Mirrorworlds was the only one I could never find (until today) so now I am really excited.