Recently plugged in my turntable...

Nefilim

Rotten undead buccaneer
And today I bought Unorthodox, Spectral Sorrows, Purgatory Afterglow and Crimson 1+2 on vinyl from Black mark! Man I just hope they have them all in store and that they send them ASAP!

Dan: Did you do the remastering of these vinyls yourself or did some blasphemer put dirty hands on the masterpieces?

/Nef

Dan,

Pardon my stupidity, but when albums are 'remastered' what does that generally mean? ( mind you I no engineer or musician in the least bit).

Is it fundamentally changing the sound of the original album like having a different production?

Overall I never know if it's a gimmick or just making some minor tweaks to remove any errors that may have been missed the 1st time around.

And today I bought Unorthodox, Spectral Sorrows, Purgatory Afterglow and Crimson 1+2 on vinyl from Black mark! Man I just hope they have them all in store and that they send them ASAP!

Dan: Did you do the remastering of these vinyls yourself or did some blasphemer put dirty hands on the masterpieces?

/Nef

I tried ordering the Crimson 1/2 as well... they shipped me the rest of my order, but next to Crimson 1/2 on the receipt, they wrote "sold out". I was disappointed!

so did you get it in the end cheechonaleesh, or did you get your money back?

did you get it nefilim? mind taking some picca's of the cover? does it have removable sleeves?

so did you get it in the end cheechonaleesh, or did you get your money back?

did you get it nefilim? mind taking some picca's of the cover? does it have removable sleeves?

No, unfortunately they BM did not ship the Crimson vinyl to me... handwritten next to it on my bill was "sorry - sold out!"... oh well

Dan,

Pardon my stupidity, but when albums are 'remastered' what does that generally mean? ( mind you I no engineer or musician in the least bit).

Is it fundamentally changing the sound of the original album like having a different production?

Overall I never know if it's a gimmick or just making some minor tweaks to remove any errors that may have been missed the 1st time around.

Generally it means taking the final mix (not the individual song mixes, but the album as a whole) {although lately the line between mixing and mastering has been blurred} and altering it.

Vinyl FTW