[Reco] Temple of Baal - The Vision of Fading Mankind (split w/Ritualization)

Ellestin

one-click buy
Sep 4, 2003
www.convivialhermit.net
ritualization-the-vision-of-fading-mankind(split)-20111103161908.jpg

[Band] Temple of Baal
[Country] France
[Release] The Vision of Fading Mankind (split w/Ritualization)
[Year] 2011
[Label] Agonia Records

Long have I half-dismissed these guys as run-of-the-mill brutal black metal in the vein of old-Antaeus, but their 2009-released Lightslaying Rituals set up a whole new deal, as I discovered a band capable of building up complex songs and atmospheres that neatly serve their morbid designs. They have four new tracks on this here split release with Ritualization from Orléans, France. This is one of the best splits ever IMO! Temple of Baal keeps getting better, as evidenced by the insane track below. They are often mentioned in the same breath as Deathspell Omega now, and even though Temple of Baal stick to a conventional approach, I think the comparison suits them well.

[Official website] none

Of course I'm not only recommending the Temple of Baal side of this split. Though their tracks face too hard a contest, Ritualization don't surrender easily, and don't stand out only for being probably the only old-school death metal band fronted by a black dude... Here a live performance of theirs as a bonus...

Last edited by a moderator:
That Heresy Forever Enthroned track is friggin great. Didn't care for Ritualization, the deep gutturals to send a thousand gnats whirling crushed me with indifference.

This nigfronted band is actually pretty damn good in studio. Dem gnats are not whirling away from a gale of stench, in fact those aren't gnats at all, but in all actuality a rat-a-tat-tat of watermelon seeds pittering from a set of gums worthy to lead a massacre. :kickass:

Checking out earlier Temple of Balllllls, very nice. Can't find any more "at the ready" tunes from the reco'd split.

:kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm, that Temple of Baal while competent is a bit drawn out. that first track anyway.
the singer suffers from Vital Remains syndrome imo ... got a lot to say and won't shut up but at the same time delivers his sermon with no hooks to catch me ... especially bad since he seems he has a lot on his mind.
that solo at the end was worthy of Kerry King :loco:

good stuff nonetheless ... especially the second half of the song.

oh and btw, besides the novelty of a chubby black french dude as a frontman, Ritualization has no saving grace. they reminded me of Sodom circa Obsessed by Cruelty ... but worse.

oh and btw, besides the novelty of a chubby black french dude as a frontman, Ritualization has no saving grace. they reminded me of Sodom circa Obsessed by Cruelty ... but worse.

Coons belong behind bars, not behind microphones. How we managed to wipe out every Native American tribe, and let these outdated plows breed countless generations of sloth is beyond comprehension.

:Spam: