The L Word

Not interested in the following, before anyone posts:

CSI
24 Hours
Lost
Heroes
Prison Break

Thanks! :kickass:

Rome... it kicks so much ass! Only 2 seasons on HBO before they stopped (I heard it was too expensive to produce, dont know if its true or not). But anywyas, abso-fuckin-lutely amazing!

Right now the only thing I'm watching is Castle. Really don't care for the cop show aspect, but like I've said before Nathan Fillion is great. Brings an excellent twist to the plot.

Well, it's not really in the same genre, but the only TV show I actually follow is The Office. Check it out if you're looking for some comedy.

A big +1 to "House" btw for anyone that hasn't watched it before.

"Lie to me" is enjoyable. More self contained episodes and no bigger story arc so far, though. Similar to "House"

"Battlestar galactica" is awesome and it's finished which is a big plus, no waiting a whole year each time to watch the next season. Although, if you're not interested in lost, heroes etc. I'm guessing that action/adventure is not your thing.

"Six feet Under", also finished, really good show, best series finale ever and more up your alley I think.

"Lost room", great mystery mini series. Finished.

"Veronica mars" was also a series I found myself really enjoying but sadly it was canceled after season 3. Kristen Bell is fucking hot!

For comedy I strongly recommend "arrested development" and "extras" (both finished).

Six Feet Under
House
The Shield
The Office (the british version is my fave but the US one is cool too)

For Current US Comedies:
The Office (US) & 30 Rock (NBC)
Two And A Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Flight Of The Conchords (HBO)
South Park (Comedy Central)
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (FX)
theyre all good but especially its always sunny!

Six Feet Under

It's has emotional depth, much deeper than any other show I've ever experienced. If you can get over the fact that it brings up your own mortality on a episode by episode basis (which I admit I couldn't at first) it's quite an extraordinary programme.

It's the most thought provoking show/film/story I've ever experienced. The characters are endlessly intriguing and the story while on the surface "follows the lives of a family that own a funeral home" does not seem all that appealing I can agree, it's completely the opposite.

It's intense. Definitely worth checking out.

Plus if you like Michael C. Hall (Dexter), he's in it too.

The Office (UK and US are good)
Two and a Half Men
How I Met Your Mother - check this out, you and the missus might like it...
The King of Queens
The Big Bang Theory

I really liked Rome and Deadwood (both HBO) - however both got canceled prematurely :cry: I still watch Law & Order like crazy - mainly SVU & CI. You can find it on TNT, USA and I think NBC. Also South Park and The Daily Show/Colbert Report (Comedy Central) are pretty rad too. House hasn't grown on me so much - it seems like the same plot each episode but the main character is awesomly cynical.