Band website: down

Tracklist:
01. The Tribunal
02. The Orphan and the Demimondaine
03. Absolute Word
04. Advocatus Diaboli/Light Escape: De Formula Tota
05. Black Ring Theatre

Description:
What we have here should be the new definition of underrated in the dictionnary. This young Czech ensemble has been mentioned 11 times on UM these past 5 years, either by Dev, Emi of Code666 or myself. So I guess it's time to shed some light on them again even though they are no more. What they left us with is plainly spoken an epitome of European avant-gardism. Think proficient technical death metal in the vein of Cynic/Nocturnus livened up with a breathtaking scope of ambiances ranging from frantic trip-hop through to oriental textures and baroque libertinism, all the while remaining quite consequently dark and framed by a mystical concept recalling Oxyplegatz's take on "space opera metal". Describing Demimonde's music is a messy undertaking as you've noticed, so I'll let the songs speak for themselves.

Miscellaneous:
- The CD version of this album contains a huge multimedia track with galleries, video and a shitload of mp3s, among which the entirety of the band's very good first album "The Warrior's Poet". Speak of value for money.
- Vocalist Tanyya is t3h h4wt!!!

I really enjoyed these two songs. I especially like the electronics on the second song, the female vocals are good too. I like how the ending of that song was "installation complete" (starcraft nerd)

Quite an interesting band. But I'm getting DAMN tired of male singers fucking up a band. Just let the female sing. That's EXACTLY why I can't make myself buy a Lacuna Coil album. The males always fuck things up.

Other than that this band reminds me of a weird off-shoot of Candiria. They're all over the damn place. Pretty good, though.

Just now listening to this.

First song: this is pretty fucking excellent, I must say. Not "typical" at all for my tastes, but the guitars are just so damned good. Not thrilled with the vocals, but they're also not bad enough to detract from the song either. Pretty cool for sure.

On to song 2.