17. A Sudden Walk
18. Threshing Floor
19. Hell Birds
20. Balada Conducatorolui
21. Burh
22. Svatovac/Bećarac
23. Lament
24. Cassia Shops

So this would be my non-metal recomendation - the eastern european folk-based solo project of American musician and instrument builder Steven R. Smith. This guy has a pretty accomplished track record, and his musicianship on this album is pretty jawdropping at times. I don't know how to say it better than the words that convinced me to check out this album:

Aquarius records said:
Hala Strana is his vehicle for instrumental droned-out Eastern European folk music appreciation/interpretation, and really represents some of his finest work to date. Multitracking turns Steven R. Smith into a one-man village orchestra, playing everything from violin to optigan, bul bul tarang to gourd guitar, harpsichord to clay flowerpots! Bouzouki, cello, harmonium, percussion, etc. These songs also incorporate snippets of field recording tapes and sampled recordings of traditional music. Plus some of his Thuja cohorts also show up to help out.
Many of the tracks are based on traditional folk tunes from Hungary, Albania, Macedonia, Croatia, and other Balkan backwaters... His arrangements and instrumention turn 'em into total folk-psych gems, reminding us of certain krautrock bands, International Harvester, the Dirty Three, Kemialliset Ystavat, Black Forest/Black Sea, all sorts of good things. Utter old world beauty meets underground drone aesthetics = some kind of Transylvanian trance music. Really nice.

Studying music? o_O

Listened to The Split Tree earlier today. First impressions: This sounds like it was recorded in a long abandoned cathedral or farmhouse, and I can't isolate any individual instruments amidst the acid-folk soup...not the best starting track?

I'm not really that familiar with particular tracks. It was hard to pick 'cause I usually just let it all go by in the background. What I do know is that there are many, many moments that caught my attention and kept me coming back. I hope a couple of others listen!

uploaded the whole album for Reign in Acai and talked about it a bunch but never anything official. its been in the cards for a while though.