RECOMMENDATION: Pallbearer - "Sorrow and Extinction"

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
Thought that this was probably already recommended by someone, but I did a few quick searches and came up with nothing- so here it is.

EDIT: just found RiA's thread, but i feel like this needs some more exposure

This is doom metal, and its excellent. top of my list for 2012, for sure. i haven't listened to a lot of new metal recently, but i feel like this destroys everything else that people have been getting excited about. this should appeal to those who aren't usually into the whole doom thing

Pallbearer-Sorrow-and-Extinction.jpg

Some would mention similarities to Skepticism, but imagine a little more melody and headbangability. This fucking song is amazing.. great intro, harmonies, and vocals. if you can't stand the intro, just skip it and get to the good stuff

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6dUW7nlEDI&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
You should post An Offering of Guilt. It's probably their best song. This band is still just okay to me; it just seems bland compared a lot of other doom out there. People always say it's like Warning, but not gay.

Yep great stuff, don't know what more a doom fan can want from a band? A rim job?

dude seriously. i don't know anything about the history/back story of this band. i just stumbled across this album one day and i imagined that everyone on this forum would enjoy it. oh well!

Only thing I don't understand about a backstory of this band is why the release wasn't through Shadow Kingdom when he pretty much made their demo 'popular' and was going to release it at first..hope they aren't money grubbing whores

As much as I like this album, I'm usually tired of listening to it by the time the end rolls around. I adore their cover of Gloomy Sunday, and will buy the new one.

EDIT: That being said I've listened to this album 4 times in the past few days, so now I'm just contradicting myself (again). Either way this one gets 7 thumbs up.

I like Pallbearer but it belongs nowhere on any Top 10 lists.
WRONG.
As much as I like this album, I'm usually tired of listening to it by the time the end rolls around.
WRONG.

This album is amazing. I finally realized that. It sounds like the heaviest crushed velvet whilst retaining full masculinity. How is the new one?

Very good in it's own right. I still prefer the original but have grown to appreciate Foundations of Burden quite a bit. I do feel the later half (starting with "The Ghost I Used to Be") is better.