cover_112112092007.jpg

Sculptured - Embodiment
1. Taking My Body Apart
2. The Shape of Rage
3. A Moment of Uncertainty
4. Bodies Without Organs
5. Embodiment is the Purest Form of Horror
39:19

For those of you who don't know, Sculptured is the side band of Agalloch guitarist, Don Anderson. Simply put, this album will easily be on my top 5 of the year. It is such a phenomenal album. If you're bored with the norms of death metal or metal in general, check this album out. Don Anderson's riffing and growls are as good as ever. Drummer, Dave Murray, is just all over the place with the best drum performance by anybody in metal I've heard in quite some time. One of the highlights of the album is Andy Winter's subtle, yet totally essential, keyboard/piano work; absolutely flawless. The album is a perfect mix of catchiness, dissonance, progressive wonder and beauty. Remember, this sounds nothing like Agalloch, so don't be expecting that (if you've never listened to Sculptured). I haven't been this blown away by a progressive/death/whatever metal album in quite some time. It's best approached with an open mind. It's been a long 8 or 9 years, but it's definitely been worth the wait. :headbang::kickass::worship:

http://www.myspace.com/matrixmetal
http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it.A/id.18497/.f

i'm glad someone else has been enjoying this album. really really really quality stuff.

the melodies are unique, the emotions are strong, and the drumming is ridiculous.

In my opinion, it fits in nicely with The Spear of the Lily is Aureoled...I haven't listened to Apollo Ends in quite some time. If you go to the end records link, there's samples of all the songs

is it against the rules of the forum to provide streaming links to a song? i assume not, because people post youtube links all the time. i want to upload a stream link of one of the songs from the album for ppl to listen to.