Recommendation: The Gabriel Construct - Interior City

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
This is my Rock/Metal Album of The Year for 2013. Fans of Devin Townsend take note:

1364536403_5614a0f655c8ab2c27f57385e0ffef0c.jpg

The Gabriel Construct is the rock solo project of Gabriel Lucas Riccio, a vocalist, composer and multi-instrumentalist from Salisbury, MD. His debut album, ‘Interior City’, is a dark and atmospheric concept album featuring Travis Orbin (Darkest Hour, ex-Periphery, Of Legends) on drums, Thomas Murphy (ex-Periphery) on bass, David Stivelman (ex-Debbie Does Dallas) on guitar, Soren Larson on saxophone, and frequent collaborator Sophia Uddin on violin. The album unites players from rock, metal, classical, and jazz backgrounds to create a sound which incorporates influences from a wide variety of genres, including progressive rock, 20th century classical music, extreme metal, drum-n-bass, jazz, ’90s grunge and space rock, ’80s pop and more. The album’s densely layered vocal harmonies, distorted pianos, dissonant chords, and complex rhythms envelop the listener in a hallucinatory wall of sound.

Listen here --> http://thegabrielconstruct.bandcamp.com/album/interior-city

That's like if Guillermo del Toro did the album art for Swans in the early '90s.

Listening now. Reminds me of Jeff Buckley doing Scott Walker covers. Hmm.

This post is turning into a Family Guy episode, but I'm enjoying the music.

Any fan of progressive music needs to give this release the attention that it deserves. Creative music that is actually well composed (imagine that!) and not afraid to blur the lines of genre boundaries.

It really lost me halfway through. The arrangements were interesting but that voice wasn't doing it for me.

And it sounded like Scott Walker music with Jeff Buckley singing. I'd rather listen to Scott Walker, he's weird.