Recommendation: Venetian Snares - Find Candace

Crimson Death

El Basilisco
Jan 24, 2002
Israel
candace-FRONT.jpg

In this release Venetian Snares changes his fast paced 666bpm laden breakcore to something alot more darker and eerie. With elements of dark jazz, ambient and the mood of dark shows like Twin Peaks and punishing beats Venetian Snares transcends to the rank of a film director as he presents a whole cinematic setting within the context of the sounds and breaks. I also added the crazy and awesome video of Find Candace, my favorite song in the album.

1. Befriend A Child Killer (Remix)
2. Mercy Funk
3. Find Candace (video link)
4. Yor
5. Children's Limbo
6. Dolleater
7. Bind Candace

I didn't even listen to the samples, just figuring it was another breakcore release. NOW I'M MORE INTREEGUEGUED even though I like breakcore.

Russell said:
Much as I like my breakcore, I really do rather like the direction VS went with this CD :) Nice recommendation, thanks :cool:

I was enjoying the atmosphere on Children's Limbo until these hyperactive drum machines came in and ruined the mood...no offense to people who like that shit, just goes to show that as much as I like some electronic-based music (usually on the ambient side), I can't fully embrace it.

It's decent.

Rozzs Csillag is such an amazingly beautiful masterpiece though that everything else VS falls way short.

Also I can't stand to listen to breakcore , drillnbass, whatever you want to call it.