RECOMMENDATION: Witch - s/t

neal

wizard in black
Dec 17, 2001
california
Visit site
so we've talked about Witchcraft, Witchfinder General, Angelwitch, Witches' Coven, Acid Witch, etc. but i dont think anyone has mentioned plain ole Witch. these guys play that not-too-rare kind of fuzzed out, stoney 70s metal/rock, but the quality riffs and leads set them above the hoards. with solid, audible, groovy bass lines and Dinosaur Jr's J Mascis taking a turn on drums. been meaning to reco these dudes for awhile, but you know how that goes.

shorter shreddier one for the geezers who bitch about long songs

nice bass

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool recommendation. Wish the vocals were a bit more up front in the mix, but that guitar sound is killer.

On a random note, J Mascis has just been all over the damn place. Deep Wound, of course Dinosaur Jr, now dooming it out.. wacky.

Bought this when it came out. Good stuff.

The new DJ albums are pretty sweet as well. No black metal screams, though, like in some of their 80s albums.

FUZZ all day, NAD should like it.
Well then. :eek:

I think I heard this a few years ago, but I'm only saying that because I recognize the album cover. And yeah, this is pretty good, definitely me type of thing. Plus I mean the name not only has the word Witch in it, a band quality which automatically makes me purchase instinctively, those 5 letters encompass the entirety of their title. Bold and striking yet wholly common, like long hair on a hippie. I love it.